Russian firm to name alcoholic drink after GaddafiNovember 23rd, 2011 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Nov 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Russian company is going to produce and sell an alcoholic drink in Russia named after Libya’s slain leader Muammar Gaddafi, a media report said Wednesday.
The company, a subsidiary of Rusimport, Russia’s largest producer and importer of liqueurs and vodka, has filed an application for the registration of the Commendatore Muammar trademark to the national patent service Rospatent, KommersantFM radio said.
Alexandrovy Pogreba (Alexandr’s Cellars) representatives denied official comments but have not dismissed the information.
The company already produces wine, vodka and liqueurs under the Commendatore trademark. The trademark’s image features Cuban Revolutionary leader Che Guevera.
Retailers frequently use the names and images of famous political figures to promote alcoholic beverages.
In 2003, Putinka vodka, named after Russia’s powerful then-president Vladimir Putin, was launched on the Russian market. A year later, Putinka became Russia’s best-selling vodka.
- An alcoholic drink to be named after Gaddafi - Nov 24, 2011
- Vodka prices set for 30 percent hike in Russia - May 30, 2012
- Russian media tycoon sells radio stations - May 17, 2012
- Software firm denies Russian spy agency tie-up - Aug 28, 2012
- Russian gold producer eyes London IPO - Jan 19, 2012
- Huge sum stolen from Russia's 2010 Olympic fund - Sep 10, 2012
- Alcohol consumption drops in Russia - Dec 29, 2011
- Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of Russia's vineyards - Feb 13, 2012
- Russia to ensure its two nationals' return from Libya - May 01, 2012
- Belarus may buy outdated Su-30 fighters from Russia - Sep 16, 2011
- Kremlin creates its own vodka - Feb 15, 2012
- Russia to sell armoured vehicles to Indonesia - Jan 31, 2012
- Sharp drop in vodka production, Russian alcohol makers - Apr 05, 2012
- Medvedev appoints deputy PM - Dec 28, 2011
- Russia registers three more political parties - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,