Russian film crew to make documentary on Assam teaJuly 11th, 2012 - 1:33 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 10 (IANS) With a view to extolling the virtues of Indian tea and introducing the Russian people to the tea culture in India, a three-member Russian film crew will undertake a four-day visit to tea estates in Assam’s Tezpur from July 11.
The documentary on “Tea Harvesting in India” is being produced by Russian Television Studio “Edinaya Media Gruppa” and is intended to be broadcast on state TV channel “Russia 2″, a Tea Board of India release said Tuesday.
It will focus on three major aspects of India tea - the manufacturing process of the CTC variety of tea, the importance given to preserving the excellent quality and flavour of tea and the labour welfare initiatives taken for the benefit of the workers.
An interaction of the Russian film crew with major players of the Indian tea industry was arranged at the Tea Board headquarters here Tuesday.
The TV journalists are scheduled to arrive Guwahati on July 11, wherethey will undertake filming at the auction centre. On July 12, they would travel to Tezpur andundertake a visit to the field and factory at Addabarrie Tea Estate of W.M. (CTC).
–IndoAsian News Service
- Dhunseri acquires tea estates in Africa - Jul 28, 2012
- Warren board approves demerger - Feb 17, 2012
- Love your morning cuppa? Get ready to pay more - Feb 09, 2012
- Indian tea makers to showcase brew at London Olympics - Jul 25, 2012
- J. Thomas expects to auction over 200 mn kg tea this year - Dec 16, 2011
- Tea Board earmarks Rs.300 crore for small growers - Apr 28, 2012
- India strives to revive tea exports to Egypt - Sep 13, 2010
- Centre will help revive Kangra tea: Anand Sharma - Apr 10, 2012
- Indian tea makers fear lacklustre exports - Mar 28, 2012
- Roerich row: Himachal counters Russian embassy remarks - Apr 25, 2012
- Tea production declining in organised sector in India - Aug 07, 2012
- India times tea promotion with London Olympics - Aug 02, 2012
- Tea Board plans councils in north, south India for inspecting export consignments - Jul 02, 2012
- MARS Group aiming to produce 5 mn kg of tea in 2013 - Dec 21, 2011
- Russian spacecraft returns to earth - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: assam tea, auction centre, culture in india, film crew, india tea, indian tea, indoasian, labour welfare, russian film, russian television, state tv, tea board, tea culture, tea estate, tea estates, tea industry, tezpur, tv journalists, variety of tea, welfare initiatives