Russian airline orders 20 Airbus planesJuly 13th, 2012 - 11:30 am ICT by IANS
Farnborough (Britain), July 13 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia’s fourth-largest airline UTair has signed an order contract for 20 Airbus A321 airliners.
The deal was signed at the Farnborough Air Show in Britain but no value was given for the contract.
In recent A321 sales to other customers, the aircraft has cost around $90 million each, making this deal potentially worth $1.8 billion.
Delivery of the new airliners will begin in 2013.
This is the first time UTair has ordered Airbus aircraft.
The new aircraft will be used on domestic and international routes.
UTair has traditionally used the rival Boeing 737-400 and 800 airliners as well as older Soviet-era aircraft.
UTair operates over 200 aircraft, mostly helicopters, and flies to 61 Russian and 39 foreign destinations. Its main operating hubs are Surgut in central Russia and Vnukovo international airport in Moscow.
The A321, which entered service in 1994, can carry 185 passengers in two-class configuration or 220 passengers in single-class layout. It has a range of 5,600 km.
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Sukhoi, Indonesian airline sign $951 mn deal for 30 Superjet-100s - Jul 19, 2010
- 31 die, 12 survive in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Air Namibia orders two Airbus A319s in $161 million deal - Feb 06, 2012
- Farnborough air show sees deals worth $47 bn - Jul 24, 2010
- UTair passenger plane crashes in Siberia, killing 31 - Apr 02, 2012
- Refurbished aircraft carrier for India begins sea trials - Jun 08, 2012
- Passenger flight lands as windscreen cracks - Oct 12, 2011
- Russian airline to buy four Airbus A380s - Oct 28, 2011
- Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jun 09, 2011
- Russia's S7 Airlines to join oneworld alliance in November - Sep 25, 2010
- Russia seals missile deal - Mar 20, 2012
- 11 survive Russian plane crash (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- Russian airline Transaero orders four A380s - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: airbus a321, airbus aircraft, airbus planes, airliners, boeing, boeing 737 400, central russia, class configuration, class layout, farnborough air show, flies, helicopters, hubs, moscow, new aircraft, ria novosti russia, russian airline, utair, vnukovo