Russia to seek stake in Bulgarian nuclear power plantSeptember 28th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 28 (RIA Novosti) Russia will seek a stake in the Belene nuclear power plant being built by a Russian company in northern Bulgaria, Russia’s nuclear chief said Monday.
“If Bulgaria announces a tender for its stake in the Belene NPP, we’ll participate in it,” Sergei Kiriyenko, head of Russia’s state-run civilian nuclear power corporation Rosatom, said in an interview with Bulgarian newspaper Standart.
Russia’s state nuclear power equipment and service export monopoly AtomStroyExport won a tender to build and deliver essential equipment for the nuclear power plant in Belene in 2005. In early 2008, AtomStroyExport signed a contract worth around four billion euros ($5.8 billion) for the plant’s construction.
“When the project was started, we perceived ourselves exclusively as a contractor and not as an investor. But if such an opportunity avails itself, we would like to participate in the tender, as we are absolutely convinced of the project’s recoupment,” Standart quoted Kiriyenko as saying.
AtomStroyExport, which is a subsidiary of Rosatom, has completed or is working on reactors in Iran, Bulgaria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, China and India.
- Russia to help Bangladesh build n-power plant - Nov 02, 2011
- Russia could finance over 20 percent of Armenian nuke plant - Aug 20, 2010
- Iran willing to work with Russia on more power plants - Mar 26, 2012
- Nuclear fuel to be loaded in Kudankulam plant - Sep 05, 2012
- India, Russia to sign deal on new nuclear reactors - Dec 03, 2008
- Iran n-plant to switch to full capacity in May - May 04, 2012
- Russia may build more n-reactors in Iran - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran's Bushehr n-plant to begin operations in 2012 - May 15, 2012
- Russian n-reactor designer held for fraud - Apr 18, 2012
- Russia, Belarus sign $10 bn nuke plant deal - Jul 18, 2012
- Iran launches Bushehr nuclear power plant - Sep 12, 2011
- Russian reactors at Kudankulam not under civil liability law: Official - Nov 14, 2011
- Iran to get full control of Bushehr in December - Sep 05, 2012
- Iran's Bushehr n-plant almost ready: Russia - Jun 19, 2011
- Iran's nuclear plant to be ready in August: Russia - May 20, 2010
Tags: atomstroyexport, civilian nuclear power, contract worth, czech republic, essential equipment, monopoly, moscow, northern bulgaria, nuclear power corporation, nuclear power equipment, nuclear power plant, reactors, recoupment, ria novosti russia, rosatom, russian company, sergei kiriyenko, service export, slovakia, stake