Russia to invest $5bn in shipbuilding by 2020December 29th, 2009 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Vladivostok, Dec 28 (RIA Novosti) Russia will invest $5 billion in a shipbuilding programme in the country’s Far East, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Monday.
Earlier in the day, the Russian premier attended the ceremony of launching the first stage of the East Siberia-Pacific Ocean oil pipeline project, which is designed to pump up to 1.6 million barrels (220,000 tonnes) of crude per day from Siberia to Russia’s Far East and then on to China and the Asia-Pacific region.
Putin said the Russian government would assist the United Shipbuilding Corporation and its partners in preparing a prognostic output plan.
“Our goal is to help create a plan to release civilian maritime equipment over the next few years and up to the year 2020. Such a plan has been drafted as a whole and will require $5 billion,” Putin said.
He said that the plan involved orders from major Russian companies, including energy giant Gazprom, state-run oil company Rosneft, the largest shipping company Sovkomflot, and the production of fishing boats and specialised craft.
Putin said the Primorye Territory in the Russian Far East would implement two large-scale investment projects worth $700 million, with over two thirds of that amount to be allocated from Russian sources.
The first project stipulates the construction of a new shipyard for the production of drilling platforms at the Chazhma Bay near Vladivostok in a joint venture with Singapore, Putin said.
The second project envisages the construction of a dry dock on the premises of the Zvezda repair shipyard in the town of Boshoy Kamen for the production of tankers and liquefied gas vessels in a joint venture with South Korea’s Daewoo company, he added.
- Asia-Pacific key to Russia's future: Putin - Sep 06, 2012
- ExxonMobil and Rosneft sign deal for joint development of Arctic and Black Sea resources - Aug 31, 2011
- China, Russia oil pipeline operation significant to global energy market: Expert - Jan 01, 2011
- Russia to build up Northern Sea naval presence - Nov 08, 2011
- Pacific oil pipeline a strategic project: Putin - Dec 28, 2009
- Russia hands over Nerpa nuclear submarine to India - Jan 23, 2012
- Russia to raise fuel export duties due to domestic shortage - Apr 29, 2011
- Russian n-submarine meant for India passes final trials - Dec 28, 2009
- Russia, China sign oil deal, start new pipeline branch - Apr 21, 2009
- Putin supporters hold rallies all over Russia - Feb 19, 2012
- Armoured vehicle sold for scrap in Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- Warship building in India gets boost through public-private effort - Mar 04, 2012
- Putin warns against excluding Russia from energy decisions - Apr 06, 2009
- Defence shipyard eyeing markets in Middle East, Africa - Aug 24, 2011
- Radiation level within norms in Russia's Far East - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,