Russia offers India commercial aircraft production unitOctober 8th, 2010 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 8 (IANS) Russia has offered India a joint production venture of Russian-Ukrainian commercial aircraft.
A team of visiting Russian aviation industry representatives discussed with officials of the India commerce ministry the possibility of launching the proposed production unit in India, Ria Novosti said quoting an unnamed official.
“Russians requested us to help them find a good partner for setting up a manufacturing unit for production of regional jets, including AN-148,” the official said.
AN-148 is a modern regional aircraft designed for passenger, cargo-passenger and cargo transportation on domestic and international routes.
The aircraft was designed by Antonov Aeronautical Scientific and Technical Complex. The aircraft manufacturing is carried out under license at JSC “Voronezh Aircraft Manufacturing Company” (VASO JSC), Voronezh, Russia.
India and Russia share a long standing strategic partnership and the two countries are involved in many military hardware joint ventures.
The two nations Thursday signed a protocol agreement to jointly design and develop fifth generation fighter aircraft and multi-role transport aircraft.
India as of now is not producing any passenger jets and Western majors have the major market share in long and middle range airplanes in the country.
- Medvedev orders to build new aircraft plant - Jun 10, 2012
- HAL to make multirole aircraft with Russian firm (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- HAL inks pact to make multi-role aircraft - May 29, 2012
- Six killed in Antonov An-148 plane crash in Russia - Mar 05, 2011
- Ukraine offers help in NATO Afghan pullout - Apr 20, 2012
- Six die in plane-crash in Russia - Mar 05, 2011
- Russian military to use civilian planes - Apr 03, 2012
- Indian deal hot topic at record breaking AeroIndia - Feb 11, 2011
- 'Antony won't witness fifth generation combat plane flight' - Sep 30, 2011
- India, Russia ink pact to jointly design, develop multi role transport aircraft - Sep 10, 2010
- Russian firm bags deal for 18 An-148 aircraft from India - Mar 05, 2010
- Stage set for India Aviation 2010 - Mar 01, 2010
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- Transport plane crash in Russia's Far East kills 11 - Aug 09, 2011
- Russia to spend $280 mn on new planes for Kremlin - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: aircraft manufacturing company, airplanes, cargo transportation, commerce ministry, commercial aircraft production, fifth generation, fighter aircraft, generation fighter, industry representatives, joint ventures, military hardware, passenger jets, protocol agreement, regional aircraft, regional jets, ria novosti, russian aviation industry, strategic partnership, transport aircraft, voronezh russia