Russia committed to build Bushehr nuclear plant: IranJanuary 14th, 2009 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 14 (IANS) Iran is confident that Russia will fulfil its commitment of building its first nuclear power plant in Bushehr, Iran’s envoy to Russia has said.”Iran did not believe that the Russian side has deliberately delayed completion of the 1,000-MW power plant in Bushehr,” Mahmoud-Reza Sajjadi told a Russian newspaper, the IRNA news agency reported.
As per the agreement between Iran and Russia, the power plant was to become operational by the end of 2008. But its construction delayed following differences between the two sides over the issues of payment and supply of fuel.
“However, this was not only the fault of the Russian side, but some countries that should produce equipment of the power plants have sometimes failed to fulfil their commitments,” the ambassador told Russian newspaper Zavtra Online.
He also criticised the West for putting pressure on Russia not to cooperate with Iran in developing the power plant.
The diplomat also said Iran would build more nuclear power plants to help generate electricity and dismissed US allegations that the Islamic country was trying to develop nuclear weapons under the cover of the power plants.
“Producing nuclear weapons has no place in Iran’s defensive doctrine,” Sajjadi said.
Referring to Iran’s complete cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency, the ambassador said that the nuclear watchdog’s inspectors had “free access” to Iran’s nuclear sites and facilities and the agency was fully informed of their activities.
- Iran to build another n-plant in 2014 - May 27, 2012
- Russia denies deal with Iran over military cooperation - Feb 09, 2012
- Iran's n-plant launch delayed - May 30, 2012
- Iran willing to work with Russia on more power plants - Mar 26, 2012
- Iran's Bushehr plant to produce 1,000 MW electricity - Dec 21, 2011
- Iran n-plant to switch to full capacity in May - May 04, 2012
- Iran launches Bushehr nuclear power plant - Sep 12, 2011
- Iran to launch Bushehr n-plant in February - Nov 24, 2011
- Iranian first n-plant running at 'full capacity' - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Iran's Bushehr nuclear plant can resist quakes' - Mar 15, 2011
- Russia may build more n-reactors in Iran - Nov 10, 2011
- Tests conducted on Iran's n-plant turbines - Aug 24, 2011
- Iran n-plant to start operation by year-end - Aug 14, 2011
- Iran-Russia nuclear plant to be inaugurated in September: Official - Aug 09, 2010
- Iran claims being hit by second cyber attack - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: ambassador, atomic energy agency, bushehr iran, commitments, diplomat, first nuclear power plant, free access, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, irna news agency, islamic country, mahmoud, nuclear plant, nuclear power plant, nuclear power plants, nuclear weapons, reza, russian side, sajjadi, watchdog