Russia-China trade turnover doubles to $60 bn in 2010June 4th, 2011 - 12:54 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, June 4 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Trade turnover between Russia and China doubled to $60 billion last year, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov said during a meeting with Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie in Singapore Saturday.
The two ministers met on the sidelines of a regional security forum in Singapore.
Russian-Chinese relations have been gradually developing, Ivanov told Guanglie, adding that the two countries have “good prospects of cooperation in the energy sphere, including nuclear energy, as well as in the military and technical, and hi-tech spheres”.
The Russian minister also expressed hope that an upcoming visit by Chinese President Hu Jintao to Moscow, which is to take place later in the month, will further strengthen the two countries’ ties.
Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin said earlier this week that Russia will finalise a 30-year deal with China by June 10 to supply a total of 68 billion cubic meters of gas annually.
So far the parties have failed to reach a final agreement on gas prices. Sechin said Russia’s energy giant Gazprom plans to wrap up pricing talks on future gas supplies to Beijing during Hu’s visit to Moscow.
Russia and China may also reach an agreement by the end of 2011 to build a joint oil refinery, China’s energy chief Liu Tienan has said.
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- Russia to increase energy exports to Asia-Pacific - Sep 04, 2012
- Gazprom offers gas price discounts to EU firms - Jun 28, 2012
- Russia resumes power supplies after Belarus pays up arrears - Jul 02, 2011
- Libyan rebels to negotiate with Russia on economic issues - Sep 05, 2011
- North Korea to get $100 mn for Russian gas transit - Nov 17, 2011
- Russia conducts stress tests on n-plants - Apr 20, 2011
- Russia's Gazprom world's most profitable firm in 2011 - Jul 31, 2012
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- Medvedev, Hu to discuss economic ties Thursday - Jun 16, 2011
- Russia, China complete first stage of naval drills - Apr 25, 2012
- Russia cuts off gas to Belarus - Jun 21, 2010
- Russian gas giant may sponsor Bayern Munich - Dec 23, 2011
- Medvedev holds talks with Kim Jong-il - Aug 24, 2011
- China no threat to Russia: Putin - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: china trade, chinese defence, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, defence minister, deputy prime minister, energy chief, energy giant, energy sphere, hu jintao, moscow russia, oil refinery, president hu jintao, regional security forum, ria novosti, russian chinese relations, russian deputy, russian minister, sergei ivanov, trade turnover