Rural Bengal to get over 4,000 km of roadsMay 5th, 2012 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 5 (IANS) Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh Saturday asked the West Bengal government to submit reports to uprgade and construct new roads in rural areas.
“I have asked the state rural development minister to send a report by June 24 for the construction of 4,000 km of new roads and a report by Oct 24 for the upgradation of (unpaved roads) into black top roads in rural areas,” Ramesh told reporters here.
He said the roads would be built under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna of the central government.
“By Oct 24, the state government will get approval of all the zilla parishads (district councils) and then it will submit a report to the central government. Thereafter the construction work will be started. This is our plan for the state for 2012-13,” Ramesh said.
State Rural Development Minister Subrata Mukherjee acknowledged the support extended by the union minister on the rural issues. “He has been very cooperative.”
- Bihar allowed to construct rural roads under central scheme - Sep 16, 2011
- Rural ministry working on village roads scheme, says Ramesh - May 19, 2012
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Jharkhand spent only 38 percent of job scheme funds - Dec 14, 2011
- Ramesh wants Assam rural jobs scheme audited - Oct 28, 2011
- Govt. grants aid for construction of rural roads in Manipur - Feb 07, 2011
- Ramesh writes to Sinha, refutes charges of discrimination - Aug 23, 2012
- Allocation for water and sanitation may go up 50 percent - Mar 10, 2012
- 'More autonomy for states to implement rural schemes' - Apr 08, 2012
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh - Feb 12, 2012
- Bihar blacklists 22 road construction companies - Feb 11, 2012
- Ramesh seeks PM's help to boost roads in Maoist-hit areas - Sep 14, 2011
- Over 400 centrally-funded roads found defective in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2011
- CAG audit for all rural ministry schemes: Ramesh - Jul 20, 2011
- Collectors in Maoist areas want to push rural roads project: Ramesh (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,