Rupert Murdoch sells his Long Island mansion for $9.1 millionSeptember 27th, 2011 - 8:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Long Island, Sept 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rupert Murdoch’s mansion in Long Island has been finally bought after four years since it was listed on the market, reports say. The eleven-bedroom property which sits on a 4.6 acre land was reportedly bought for $9.1 million. The amount is much lower than the initial amount that the media guru was demanding.
When the property was first listed on the market in June of 2007, Rupert was demanding $14.8 million. The property was rented out to Hollywood pair Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in 2009. The celebrity couple paid $100,000-a-month as the rent for the mansion which is fully walled and has electronic gates.
The buyer of the mansion was not revealed in the report which was first carried by industry website The Real Estalker. The interior of the mansion which is named Rosehearty was done by Michael Smith the designer of the Oval Office.
The house has its own dock and beach along with a 50-foot swimming pool. There is a garage that can accommodate 8 cars and a tennis court on the property as well.
Rupert is regarded as one of the most powerful men in the world mostly because of the number of media entities that he controls.
- Murdoch buys Dutch league rights - Aug 08, 2012
- Brangelina buy 10 mn pounds house - May 03, 2012
- Brad Pitt puts his Malibu beach house on the market - Aug 23, 2011
- Brangelina buy a $40 million villa in Valpolicella, Italy - Sep 10, 2010
- Brangelina buy $40m mansion in Italy - Sep 08, 2010
- James Murdoch quits boards of Sun, Times - Nov 23, 2011
- Brad Pitt hires SAS guards for security - Sep 20, 2011
- Pitt buys motorbike for son - Aug 08, 2012
- Comedian who attacked Murdoch jailed for six weeks - Aug 03, 2011
- Kevin Federline in the dock for trashed mansion - Aug 06, 2012
- Nicolas Cage's Former Las Vegas Home Up For Sale Once Again - Jan 13, 2011
- Rupert Murdoch resigns as News International director - Jul 22, 2012
- Nicole Kidman's 3-bedroom luxury NY home up for rent - Nov 19, 2010
- 40-car garage & house up for sale - May 09, 2011
- Pitt, Jolie buy mansion in Italy - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: acre land, angelina jolie, bedroom property, brad pitt, brad pitt and angelina, brad pitt and angelina jolie, celebrity couple, electronic gates, island mansion, long island, media guru, michael smith, oval office, pitt and angelina, pitt and angelina jolie, real estalker, rupert murdoch, sept 27, swimming pool, tennis court