Rupee hits record low of 56.55 against dollarJune 21st, 2012 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) The Indian rupee slumped to a record low of 56.55 against a dollar Thursday due to increased demand for the American currency by exporters and weak cues from the stock markets.
The partially convertible rupee fell to record low of 56.55 against a dollar at around 1.20 p.m. at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market, down 0.7 percent from its previous day close.
The previous record low of the rupee was 56.52 against a dollar recorded early this month.
- Rupee slumps to record low of 56.57 against dollar (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Rupee closes at record low of 56.23 against dollar (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Indian rupee slips below 56 against the dollar - Jul 09, 2012
- Rupee recovers from record low; Sensex up - May 17, 2012
- Rupee again slips below 56 against dollar - May 30, 2012
- India's forex reserves plunge to $285.85 bn - Jun 08, 2012
- Rupee will stabilise in around current range: Anand Sharma - Jun 05, 2012
- Rupee falls below 52 against dollar - Nov 21, 2011
- Rupee slide continues: hits new low of 54.60 against dollar (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Rupee dips to record low of 54.42 against dollar - May 16, 2012
- India's forex reserves grow to $287.37 billion - Jun 17, 2012
- Rupee rises for third day in a row - May 28, 2012
- India's forex reserves grow to $289 bn - Jun 23, 2012
- Sensex slumps 405 points on weakening rupee (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Rupee in free fall, slips below 57 against dollar - Jun 22, 2012