Rs.3,300 crore annual plan for Himachal approvedMarch 2nd, 2011 - 1:47 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 1 (IANS) A Rs.3,300 crore annual plan for fiscal 2011-12 has been approved for Himachal Pradesh, an official statement said here Tuesday.
This was decided at a meeting between Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia in New Delhi Delhi.
According to the statement, Dhumal said the social service sector has been accorded top priority with an outlay of 29.26 percent of the total plan.
“The government would strive to further improve its indicators in the education and health sectors. In these sectors, apart from the plan allocations, a substantial amount is being spent from the non-plan,” he said.
Dhumal said transport and communication sectors were accorded the second priority, followed by energy.
“The state is pursuing a policy of a judicious mix of public-private participation in hydro power development during 2010-11,” the chief minister added.
The economy of the hill state is highly dependent on horticulture, besides hydroelectric power and tourism, with the annual fruit industry being worth about Rs.2,000 crore (Rs.20 billion).
- Himachal proposes Rs.3,300 crore plan for 2011-12 - Jan 27, 2011
- Himachal's annual plan fixed at Rs.3,000 crore - Mar 08, 2010
- Planning Commission approves Himachal plan for next fiscal - Mar 23, 2012
- Plan panel okays Rs.14,010 crore outlay for Kerala - Apr 20, 2012
- Canada keen to invest in Himachal: Dhumal - Sep 12, 2011
- Sikkim gets marginal hike in funds for annual plan (With Images) - Apr 13, 2012
- Punjab's 2010-11 plan pegged at Rs.9,150 crore - Jun 10, 2010
- Good showing gets Rajasthan 22 percent hike in plan outlay - Mar 21, 2012
- Rs.14,000 crore annual plan for Punjab approved - May 14, 2012
- Plan panel approves Rs.57,800 crore for Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2012
- Tamil Nadu plan outlay raised to Rs.23,535 crore - Jul 07, 2011
- Kashmir earns plan panel ire over health service 'gaps' - Jun 18, 2010
- Bihar proposes increase in plan outlay - Feb 07, 2011
- Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimates - Mar 20, 2012
- Mizoram annual plan 2011-12 finalized - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: allocations, chief minister, communication sectors, delhi delhi, deputy chairman, fruit industry, health sectors, himachal pradesh, horticulture, hydro power, hydroelectric power, march 1, montek singh ahluwalia, New Delhi, outlay, planning commission, private participation, rs 2, social service sector, top priority