Rs.19,000 crore approved for J&K; rail lineJanuary 4th, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) Renewing its commitment to the strategic Jammu-Baramulla rail link in Jammu and Kashmir, the Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure Wednesday approved additional Rs.19,000 crore towards completion of the project, official sources said.
The sources said the difficult mountainous stretch in the rail link between Katra and Qazigund has been delayed due to cost overruns.
The links between Jammu-Udhampur and Qazigund-Baramulla are operational while Udhampur-Katra is to be started in the near future.
- Tracking Jammu and Kashmir's rail history - Oct 28, 2009
- Kashmir rail services back on track - Nov 24, 2011
- IVRCL bags Rs.972 crore-worth orders - Oct 31, 2011
- Cabinet clears four-laning of Jammu-Srinagar highway - Feb 25, 2010
- Good roads, railways vital for J&K;: Omar Abdullah - Sep 10, 2012
- Will Kashmir rail line by ready by 2017? - Feb 26, 2011
- Work commences on Udhampur-Baramulla rail project - Dec 03, 2009
- Konkan Railway enters 22nd year of operation - Oct 16, 2011
- India's longest rail tunnel opened in Kashmir - Oct 14, 2011
- PM inaugurates historic railway link in Kashmir - Oct 28, 2009
- Rail link to Kashmir Valley may have to be realigned - Feb 15, 2009
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Kashmir's border districts may get rail link - Jan 29, 2010
- Kashmir governor, cabinet secretary discusses development, security - Oct 23, 2011
- Two train accidents injure 21 - Nov 23, 2011