Rs.1,300 crore ADB loan to Kolkata municipalityFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 3 (IANS) The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide a loan of Rs.1,300 crore to the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to undertake different projects, Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said Thursday.”The ADB has sanctioned a loan of Rs.1,300 crore to the KMC to carry out sewage treatment, water supply and solid waste management projects,” Chatterjee told reporters here.
The Ganga beautification project will be carried out from Garden Reach to Corripore in the city, he said, adding an MoU for this was signed among KMC, Kolkata Port Trust and the railways last year.
“The project area will be of more than 200 acres where the area will be used for commercial and residential purpose,” he said, adding that the Delhi School of Architecture is preparing the plan for the beautification project.
- Two-storey public toilets in Kolkata - Jun 24, 2012
- Make Kolkata, Rio twin cities, suggests trade body - Nov 25, 2010
- Mamata kick-starts Kolkata's 'London makeover' (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Mamata pitches for mediclaim for sex workers - Jan 13, 2011
- Mamata hints at siphoning of funds during Left's rule - Aug 22, 2011
- Bengal parties on foundation stone-laying, inauguration spree - Feb 27, 2011
- Sovan Chatterjee to be new Kolkata mayor - Jun 06, 2010
- Mamata-Antony meeting on important Bengal projects - Aug 18, 2012
- Sovan Chatterjee sworn in as Kolkata mayor - Jun 16, 2010
- Rs.900 crore ADB loan for Jharkhand road project - Jul 16, 2010
- Mamata inaugrates Ganges riverfront project - May 25, 2012
- Left Front de-listed 46 Kolkta heritage structures: Mayor - Jun 29, 2010
- Centre approves Rs 7000 crore project to clean Ganga - Apr 28, 2011
- World Bank loan to clean the Ganga - Jun 13, 2011
- Cabinet clears Rs.7,000 crore to clean Ganga - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: adb loan, asian development bank, beautification project, chatterjee, crore, delhi school, kolkata municipal corporation, mou, municipality, port trust, railways, residential purpose, school of architecture, sewage treatment, solid waste management, waste management projects, water supply