Rs.100 bn investment in Ghaziabad’s infrastructureMarch 30th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, March 30 (IANS) The Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) plans to invest Rs.100 billion to strengthen the suburban city’s infrastructure before the Commonwealth Games in 2010 in New Delhi. Captain S.K. Dwivedi, vice chairman of GDA, said out of Rs.100 billion, Rs.44 billion is to improve the surface transport infrastructure including Metro rail service and better roads in Sahibabad, Indirapuram, Vaishali, Vasundhara and Vijay Nagar area.
For Metro rail service, a demand project report (DPR) is being prepared to connect the new bus terminus of Ghaziabad to Shahdara Metro station.
He said the authority would invest Rs.66 billion to strengthen basic infrastructure including city lanes, sewerage system, water supply, power supply and construction of drainage system.
Multi-level parking facilities would be constructed in the commercial hubs of the city that include the areas in Indirapuram, Vaishali and Raj Nagar.
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Metro gets extension from Dilshad Garden to Ghaziabad - Feb 11, 2010
- Delhi Metro to be extended till Ghaziabad's Mohan Nagar - May 22, 2011
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- Ghaziabad set for makeover, to go hi-tech - Mar 27, 2012
- Project to shorten distance between Delhi, Ghaziabad approved - Sep 10, 2012
- Delhi Metro project to get extended to Ghaziabad - Apr 07, 2012
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Ghaziabad board to impose new cess to fund Metro rail - Mar 12, 2010
- Illegal constructions in Ghaziabad sealed, case against builder - May 21, 2012
- Ghaziabad authority approves Rs.200 crore for Delhi Metro extension - Apr 26, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro's arm bags orders worth Rs.2,410 crore - Jun 07, 2012
- Plans unveiled for hassle-free travel to Ghaziabad - Mar 30, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro bags orders worth Rs.2,056 crore - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: bus terminus, commercial hubs, commonwealth games, dpr, drainage system, ghaziabad development authority, ghaziabad development authority gda, indirapuram, metro rail, metro station, New Delhi, power supply, raj, suburban city, surface transport, system water, transport infrastructure, vasundhara, vice chairman, water supply