RPTL signs power transmission agreements with western region entitiesMarch 10th, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 10 (ANI): Reliance Power Transmission Limited (RPTL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure, has signed power transmission agreements with eight entities from the western region for two state power transmission projects - B and C.
RPTL has signed the agreements through its two SPVs for the projects under the Western Region System Strengthening Scheme-II (WRSSS-II).
As directed by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), the Power Grid Corporation of India had invited tariff-based competitive bids in 2005 for establishing 400 KV double circuit transmission lines around 1,500 kilometres under WRSSS-II in the western region, most importantly in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
The RPTL won the project as the lowest bidder and obtained transmission licence from the CERC.
The power transmission agreements have now been signed. “This is a major achievement that shall pave the way for attaining financial closure for these projects, costing Rs 1,800-crore,” the press release said. (ANI)
- RInfra commissions Gujarat transmission line - May 03, 2011
- Jaypee's transmission line synchronized with Powergrid - Mar 06, 2012
- Power crisis grips northeast India: Tripura minister - May 10, 2012
- Sahara India inks deal with Korean firm for 6,000-MW power project - Aug 17, 2011
- KEC International bags Rs.550 crore orders - Apr 13, 2011
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- Competitive tariff bidding for thermal projects from 2011 - Nov 28, 2010
- $826 million ADB loan to India for power transmission - Mar 30, 2012
- KEC International bags orders worth Rs.1,018 crore - Dec 27, 2010
- Areva T&D; signs pact with Power Grid Corporation - Jul 25, 2011
- Northeast power ministers call for gas price cut - May 07, 2011
- Chiness wind turbine firm ties up with Reliance - Jul 02, 2012
- Power heads of five states face watchdog action - Jul 31, 2012
- Solar energy to light up Punjab institutes - Jun 17, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir has huge power deficit - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: central electricity regulatory commission, cerc, closure, electricity regulatory commission, entities, gujarat, infrastructure, kilometres, kv, maharashtra, power grid corporation of india, power transmission projects, Press Release, reliance power, signs, subsidiary, transmission lines