Rourkela steel plant records best production in Q1July 2nd, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 2 (IANS) Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP), a unit of the state-run Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), has scored it’s best production performance in key areas in the first quarter of the current financial year, a senior company official said Monday.
During, April-June the steel plant at Rourkela in Odisha, 514 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, produced 5.77 lakh tonnes of hot metal, 5.45 lakh tonnes of crude steel and 5.16 lakh tonnes of saleable steel, which are the best ever figures for any Q1 since inception, the official told IANS.
The last April-June best performance was recorded in 2011 when it produced 5.70 lakh tonnes of hot metal, 5.40 lakh tonnes of crude steel, and 5.09 lakh tonnes of saleable steel, she added.
RSP is the first integrated steel plant in the public sector in India, was set up with German collaboration with an installed capacity of 1 million tonnes. Subsequently, its capacity was enhanced to 1.9 million tonnes.
- RSP achieves best-ever saleable steel production - Oct 03, 2011
- Record single day production at RSP - Feb 13, 2012
- Rourkela Steel sees best-ever performance - Sep 02, 2011
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever production - Aug 01, 2011
- Rourkela Steel records best January production - Feb 02, 2012
- Rourkela Steel records highest ever December production - Jan 03, 2012
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever November production - Dec 02, 2011
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever Q-1 output - Jul 02, 2010
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- Tata Steel posts rise in hot metal, crude steel production - Jul 06, 2010
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- SAIL Bhilai unit set to return to normal production - Feb 09, 2010
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit, production affected (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010
- Steel Authority chairman Verma is 'Icon of the Year' - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: 1 million, best performance, bhubaneswar, crude steel, first quarter, german collaboration, hot metal, inception, integrated steel, key areas, production performance, public sector, q1, steel authority of india limited, steel plant, tonnes