Rothschild wins technical bid to become spectrum auction agencyOctober 1st, 2008 - 5:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) The government has zeroed in on Mumbai-based NM Rothschild and Sons as the agency to conduct online auctions for allocating third generation radio frequencies in India, the government said.The technical quotations of eligible bidders were opened Sep 29.
“The financial bid of the technical qualified bidder will be opened Oct 3,” an official release said.
Three companies - mjunction, Rothschild and Sai Information System - had been shortlisted as eligible bidders out of the four to have submitted bids for selection as the agency to oversee the e-auction of spectrum allocation for third generation (3G) and Broadband Wirelesss Access (BWA) services.
A state-owned bidder, MSTC Ltd, did not qualify for the technical bids.
According to the Department of Telecom (DoT) guidelines, all bidders - both Indian and foreign firms, if any - were required to declare their shareholding patterns.
Potential bidders were also barred from having more than 10 percent stake in any telecom or Internet service provider in India.
Under the guidelines, only those companies with a paid-up capital of Rs.25 million, a net worth of at least Rs.100 million, and experience in conducting similar auctions were eligible to apply.
- Times Internet selected as auctioneer for spectrum - Aug 07, 2012
- Four firms bid for 3G e-auction agency - Sep 25, 2008
- Auction of broadband airwaves starts Saturday - May 19, 2010
- Auction for BWA begins; Rs.15,000 crore expected - May 24, 2010
- Auction of 3G spectrum kicks off Friday - Apr 08, 2010
- 3G spectrum auction kicks off, first round completed - Apr 09, 2010
- Mobile call tariffs to hike even further: Mittal - Sep 06, 2011
- Auction for broadband wireless services to begin Monday - May 21, 2010
- All 9 telecom companies qualify for 3G spectrum auction - Mar 30, 2010
- Successful 3G bidders eligible for 2G spectrum space: DoT (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2008
- DoT to start spectrum auction Nov 12 - Aug 27, 2012
- Budget: Telecom sector revenue at Rs.29,648.33 crore - Feb 28, 2011
- DoT now working on broadband spectrum auction - Jul 20, 2011
- Happy with revenues from 3G auction: Raja - May 20, 2010
- Discussions on for round 2 of bandwidth auction - Sep 30, 2011