Rossell to open three quick service outlets in DelhiAugust 10th, 2012 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 10 (IANS) City-based Rossell India is foraying into Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) business, launching three outlets in Delhi by this September, a top company executive said Friday.
The company’s hospitality division, formed December last year, has decided to start the QSR chains, which would be called ‘Kebab Xpress’.
“Our strategy is to initially open three outlets in Delhi by September,” Rossell India executive chairman Harsh Mohan Gupta said at the company’s annual general meeting here.
“The eating out culture is continuously gaining momentum and the QSR category looks attractive. The popular QSRs are growing at an average rate of 15 percent,” Gupta said.
He said the company’s focus would be equally on non-vegetarian and vegetarian food.
Rossell India also has interests in tea, aviation and hospitality.
Meanwhile, Rossell has formed a joint venture, in which it will have 74 percent share, with CAE Canada, one of the leading firms globally in providing simulation training solutions.
The joint venture, “CAE Rossell India Ltd”, will provide synthetic training solutions to India’s defence market.
The company, which had acquired Namsang tea estate from Dhunseri Petrochem & Tea Ltd in Assam in June this year, said it would continuously look out for more acquisitions of tea gardens.
“Rossell continues to focus on its exports (of tea) and currently our exports are at par with last year but at a higher realisation,” Gupta said.
The company, which exports orthodox variety tea mainly to European Union countries and the Middle East, had produced 3.94 million kgs of tea from its own crop for 2011-12 and posted a turnover of Rs.20.60 crore from exports.
- Dhunseri acquires tea estates in Africa - Jul 28, 2012
- Dhunseri to commission Egypt plant next year - Aug 02, 2012
- Pakistanis cook a platter, forge cultural bonds - Apr 15, 2012
- Rossell Tea building hotel in Delhi - May 26, 2010
- Niche international food brands ready to enter Indian market - Dec 03, 2011
- Jay Shree Tea eyes increased production - Sep 22, 2011
- Airbus to set up second pilot training centre in India - Mar 14, 2012
- India times tea promotion with London Olympics - Aug 02, 2012
- Tea exporters turn to Russia following Iran crisis - Feb 08, 2012
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Goodricke tea output to rise to 21 mn kgs in 2010 - Apr 13, 2010
- TVS plans 75 new multi-brand car servicing outlets - Aug 28, 2012
- McLeod Russel plans blending unit in Dubai - Aug 02, 2010
- India's tea production dips 11.4 percent Jan-May - Jul 14, 2012
- Pakistani kebabs, biryanis cook up feast at IITF - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: annual general meeting, assam, company executive, crore, european union countries, executive chairman, gaining momentum, gupta, hospitality division, india ltd, kgs, mohan, petrochem, service outlets, simulation training, tea estate, tea gardens, tea ltd, training solutions, vegetarian food