Ronaldo tempted by Manchester City’’s 60K pound offerSeptember 16th, 2008 - 3:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.16 (ANI): Brazilian forward Ronaldo claimed today that Manchester City were on the brink of offering him a one-year deal to relaunch his career at Eastlands. The former Real Madrid and AC Milan striker, a free agent since leaving the San Siro at the end of June, said City had offered him a 60,000-pounds-a-week package to move to the Premier League.
Ronaldo, whose career has been ravaged by a series of knee injuries and regular problems with his weight, has spent recent weeks in Rio de Janeiro training with former club Flamengo. The 31-year-old is keen to team up with his compatriot, 32.5 million pound British record signing Robinho, once he proves that he has recovered from the knee injury that ended his Milan career, reports The Telegraph. Ronaldo said: I like the project that Manchester City have presented me. They want to make the club one of the best in the world and I feel that I can help. It is the best offer Ive received and it will be very interesting to play with Robinho. Me and him, together, we can score more than 50 goals.
The two-time Fifa World Footballer of the Year has been out of competitive action since rupturing ligaments in his left knee in February, and is expected to be out of action until December.
City, now billed as the worlds richest club following Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyans arrival at the club earlier this month, are determined to continue to build their global profile and manager Mark Hughes is ready to take Ronaldo now to speed up his rehabilitation by offering him the best treatment available.
The deal is not due to start until January, but with the player unattached, City are prepared to bring it forward once he has proved his fitness. (ANI)
- Manchetser City does an about turn, rules out Ronaldo deal - Sep 16, 2008
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Manchester City's Robinho seeks Santos stay - Aug 06, 2010
- Robinho begs Manchester City to let him quit - Jul 30, 2010
- AC Milan's Robinho plays down home return - May 07, 2012
- Robinho plays down return to Santos - May 05, 2012
- Inter Milan in contact with Tevez - Jan 14, 2012
- Man City's 22 million pound contract for Mancini - May 09, 2012
- Adriano, Affelay and Iniesta to miss Milan game - Nov 22, 2011
- Sneijder ready to sign for Manchester United - Jul 12, 2011
- Liverpool midfielder Lucas ruled out for season - Dec 02, 2011
- Man U's bemused Fergie tells shifty Roo to respect club and its traditions - Oct 20, 2010
- Man City's 96 mln pound deal to make Ibrahimovic world's highest-paid footballer - Aug 13, 2010
- Chelsea joins Manchester City for Milner bid - May 21, 2010
Tags: ac milan, brink, compatriot, footballer of the year, free agent, global profile, knee injuries, knee injury, left knee, ligaments, manchester city, mark hughes, premier league, real madrid, rio de janeiro, ronaldo, san siro, striker, world footballer of the year, zayed