Rolls-Royce unveils latest modelOctober 5th, 2011 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 5 (IANS) Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Wednesday unveiled its latest model Ghost Extended Wheelbase in Mumbai.
The Ghost Extended Wheelbase accelerates from 0-100 km/h in just five seconds. The car will be available at a starting price of Rs.3.05 crore.
The sixth new Rolls-Royce Motor Cars model builds on the success of Ghost in India, offering customers a combination of Ghost driver dynamic and sumptuous rear-cabin space and luxury.
“Akin to the unique and spectacular Maharajah cars of the past, the current Rolls-Royce customers are commissioning our bespoke department to create contemporary motor cars as unique as their own fingerprints. This demand has led us to add more craftspeople to our bespoke team and to extend the manufacturing plant to accommodate this growth,” said Paul Harris, Asia Pacific regional director, Rolls-Royce.
“The recent demand in India has contributed to strong performance in the Asia Pacific region as a whole. Our commitment to developing the brand in this highly important territory is underpinned by the imminent opening of a brand new showroom in New Delhi,” he added.
The interior of the car offers 170 mm more room for rear-seat occupants over the already ample interior space enjoyed by passengers in Ghost.
A panoramic sunroof as standard enhances the interior ambience allowing natural light to pour in. Lambs-wool mats, individual rear seats and rear theatre configuration, also as standard, combine to create a luxurious space to travel, the company said.
Ghost Extended Wheelbase will be built to order and is available in only limited numbers for 2011 until full production begins in 2012.
- Rolls-Royce returns to the city of Nizams - Dec 07, 2011
- 2010 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Now At Reduced Price - Jun 23, 2010
- Indian Maharajah's Rolls-Royce up for sale at 850,000 pounds - Apr 12, 2011
- Udaipur's vintage Rolls-Royce wins US trophy (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Rolls-Royce bags $12.6-mn Indian order for buoy vessel - Aug 22, 2012
- Kim pulled over by police - Jul 15, 2012
- A royal scratch that would cost her $29,800 - Feb 08, 2012
- Rolls Royce opens office in Abu Dhabi - Dec 13, 2011
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
- Guy Ritchie gifts himself Rolls Royce Ghost - Nov 30, 2010
- Kate Middleton gets Jaguar fleet for wedding ceremony - Mar 20, 2011
- Rolls-Royce, HAL setting up aero engines production facility - Dec 07, 2011
- Cartier pays tribute to restored 1911 Rolls Royce (With Image) - Mar 15, 2011
- Maharaja of Rajkot's 1934 Rolls Royce to become world's most expensive car - Aug 19, 2009
- Benz is Britain's favourite consumer super brand - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: ambience, ample interior space, asia pacific region, cabin space, combine, fingerprints, ghost driver, India, lambs wool, manufacturing plant, New Delhi, oct 5, panoramic sunroof, paul harris, rear seat, regional director, rolls royce, rolls royce motor cars, seat occupants, wheelbase