Roberto Zagha World Bank’s new country director for IndiaJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) The World Bank has appointed Roberto Zagha as the new country director for India, it was announced Friday.”Zagha arrived here Friday for a one-week visit, where he will meet with the Indian officials,” World Bank said in a statement.
Zagha, a Brazilian national, started in his new position Jan 1, replacing Isabel Guerrero, who is now the World Bank’s vice-president for the South Asia region.
Zagha was previously senior advisor to the bank’s vice-president in the Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Unit.
“In his new position as country director for India, Zagha’s priorities will be to shape the bank’s support to India in the context of the recent global financial turbulence,” the statement said.
Zagha will provide leadership to the teams formulating and delivering the bank’s strategy for India.
India was the largest International Development Association (IDA) borrower from the bank in 2008. The Bank’s $15.1 billion-portfolio in the country covers 61 active investment projects.
- Onno Ruhl is World Bank's new country director for India - Sep 10, 2012
- World Bank approves funding for India's agricultural project - Mar 28, 2012
- Mukherjee meets World Bank President - Dec 02, 2009
- World Bank offers $500 million loan for education in India - Mar 23, 2012
- World Bank offers $200 million loan to Kerala (With Images) - Jul 05, 2011
- World Bank extends $130 mn loan for North East development - Jan 20, 2012
- Indian Govt., World Bank sign agreement for watershed project in Uttarakhand - Mar 21, 2011
- World Bank approves $1 bn loan to clean Ganga river - Jun 01, 2011
- $250 mn World Bank credit for West Bengal farmers - Oct 04, 2011
- World Bank lends 9.3 billion to India in FY 10 - Jun 24, 2010
- $170 mn World Bank loans for Rajasthan, Uttarakhand - Jan 14, 2011
- World Bank loan to India to be $9.3 billion by June - Jun 23, 2010
- World Bank offers India $975 mn loan for freight corridor - Oct 27, 2011
- World Bank to finance Uttarakhand hydro-power project - Aug 12, 2011
- India's public distribution system faulty: World Bank - May 18, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, country director, economic management, india india, indian officials, investment projects, isabel guerrero, leadership, management unit, New Delhi, new position, poverty reduction, priorities, south asia region, turbulence, vice president, world bank