Riya Sen adds glamour to Ranna Gill’s colourful ‘Nirvana’October 16th, 2008 - 12:54 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15(IANS) Bollywood actress Riya Sen sashayed confidently down the ramp in a heavily embellished skirt with a jersey top and a heavy necklace for fashion designer Ranna Gill at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) Wednesday.”I had never modeled for Ranna but she told me that the dress is very trendy, fresh and sexy and ‘very you’. So I thought I must do it. I am fussy about my clothes and don’t usually wear a mini skirt, but this was a good opportunity,” Riya told reporters after the show.
Gill’s collection was replete with bright, vivid colours and teamed together in unique contrasts.
Known for her mastery over print and colour display, Gill’s collection had day dresses, evening wear, beach-friendly kaftans and bathing suits in shades of jade, aqua, purple, orange, fuchsia and mustard besides one bikini. The collection was titled Nirvana.
“Nirvana will appeal to the hip and young across the globe. It is a versatile and smart collection that will garner popular appeal,” Gill said.
“This collection is all about colours and femininity with interesting bead work and my signature style-print,” she added.
The designer’s interesting use of prints added vitality to the outfits. Unique geometric prints like Tangier, Henna and Marrakesh teamed with stylish necklines, backlines and waistlines gave the collection a different feel and look.
Gill’s clothes have a meticulous detailing with coloured stones and petit point embroideries. Embellishments are minimal and bead work dominates the line. Besides, the designer has replaced straps with ropes that make this line very chic.
“A lot of dori works, big gems dominate this line that gives it a very contemporary feel. I have also paid attention to back details, it is very stylish,” Gill explained.
As for the material, Gill has mostly used jersey fabric, linen and emphasized crystals.
Gill’s outfits start at Rs.4,500 and go higher as the detailing and work increases.
- Rana Gill brings 'Nirvana' in her collection - Oct 07, 2008
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- I felt like a princess walking the ramp: Minissha Lamba - Mar 29, 2010
- Western styles merge with Indian crafts at Wills fashion show (With Images) - Mar 26, 2010
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
- Deepika Govind's new designs mix style, power - Nov 15, 2011
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Riot of colour, gypsy designs...Malini Ramani concludes LFW in style - Sep 22, 2010
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012