RInfra commissions Gujarat transmission lineMay 3rd, 2011 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 3 (IANS) Reliance Infrastructure Limited has commissioned another 400KV double circuit transmission line, part of the country’s first 100 percent privately owned transmission project on the build, own and operate (BOO) basis, a company official said here Tuesday.
This line has been constructed in the western region between Limdi (Chorania) and Ranchodpura (Vadavi) passing through three important business districts of Gujarat - Surendernagar, Ahmedabad and Mehasana.
“We are committed to create world-class power infrastructure to boost growth and are proud to announce the commissioning of second transmission line under the Western Region System Strengthening (WRSS) project,” said RInfra Chief Executive Officer Lalit Jalan.
The 103-km-long transmission line is a part of the WRSS project that has an outlay of about Rs 1,400 crore and a total length of 1,500 km.
RInfra’s wholly owned subsidiary, Reliance Power Transmission Ltd. (RPTL), had commissioned first line of the project, Solapur-Karad, in January, much before the scheduled commissioning in a record time of 15 months.
Once commissioned, the project would facilitate the free flow of 4,000 MW from the power-rich eastern region to the power-starved western region and would benefit all regional utilities. This would also immediately aid in relieving grid congestion presently being experienced in Gujarat.
Currently, RInfra is executing five transmission projects spread across almost all parts of the country with a total outlay of over Rs 6,600 crore.
- RPTL signs power transmission agreements with western region entities - Mar 10, 2009
- Reliance Infra net profit rises 10 percent - Feb 14, 2011
- Northeast power ministers call for gas price cut - May 07, 2011
- Jaypee's transmission line synchronized with Powergrid - Mar 06, 2012
- Maharashtra to share 50 percent cost of two railway projects - Mar 08, 2012
- Power crisis grips northeast India: Tripura minister - May 10, 2012
- Karnataka to buy 1,000MW daily to meet demand - Jan 13, 2012
- Northeastern India's largest power project to ease electricity woes - Nov 21, 2011
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- RInfra's Dahanu power plant gets ISO 50001:2011 certification - Sep 23, 2011
- R-Ifra bags Rs.3,000-crore Delhi-Agra road project - Jul 20, 2010
- ONGC's first power project to start generation this month - Sep 03, 2012
- Sterlite wins $160 mn power project for northeast - Feb 22, 2010
- Northeast to generate 5,000 MW more in next few years - Jul 07, 2011
- Meghalaya for a new body to boost power output - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: 15 months, business districts, chief executive officer, crore, free flow, gujarat, infrastructure limited, karad, lalit, outlay, power infrastructure, power transmission, record time, regional utilities, reliance power, rs 6, transmission line, transmission ltd, transmission project, transmission projects