RIM unveils thinnest BlackBerry Bold models (Lead)May 3rd, 2011 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
Toronto, May 2 (IANS) Research In Motion (RIM) Monday unveiled two new BlackBerry Bold smartphones at its annual BlackBerry World conference. The Canadian company also unveiled its new BlackBerry 7 operating system which will power all its future devices.
The new devices - BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 - are the thinnest and most powerful BlackBerry smartphones to this date.
The two feature the BlackBerry keyboard as well as a touch screen and the New BlackBerry 7 operating system.
Powered by a 1.2 GHz processor, the new smartphones also feature a sleek design that integrates the BlackBerry keyboard with a high resolution seven-centimetre touch screen.
These exceptional smartphones are built on a new, performance-driven platform powered by the BlackBerry 7 operating system and designed to deliver the ultimate in communications, multimedia and productivity for users around the world, RIM said in a statement.
“The new BlackBerry Bold smartphones and BlackBerry 7 operating system are inspired by millions of customers around the world who want the ultimate combination of performance, functionality and style,” RIM president and co-CEO Mike Lazaridis said.
“These fully-loaded and beautifully-crafted smartphones offer a highly refined user experience with blazingly fast performance, a brilliant touch screen and an outstanding typing experience,” he said.
The new smartphones come with a near-communication chip allowing them to be used as mobile wallets.
RIM stock had tanked more than 14 percent Friday after it slashed its quarterly outlook on lower sales of high-end handsets.
But the unveiling of its thinnest smartphones also failed to lift RIM stock on the Toronto Stock Exchange early Monday.
(Gurmukh Singh can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RIM unveils thinnest BlackBerry Bold smartphones - May 03, 2011
- RIM unveils five new BlackBerries - Aug 03, 2011
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 launched in India - Aug 11, 2011
- BlackBerry likely to unveil new smart phones next week - Apr 28, 2011
- Don't write us off, warns BlackBerry chief - Apr 16, 2011
- Will Microsoft buy BlackBerry to take on Apple? - May 06, 2011
- RIM launches new BlackBerry smartphone in India - Oct 14, 2010
- BlackBerry bosses mum on new launches - Jul 14, 2010
- BlackBerry stock sinks as new device is no iPhone 4 'killer' - Aug 04, 2010
- Seven new BlackBerries to be unveiled soon - Jul 13, 2011
- Probe into whether BlackBerry misguided shareholders - May 25, 2011
- BlackBerry downgraded as stock tanks 14.4 percent - Apr 30, 2011
- Apple pushes BlackBerry to third spot in smartphone market - Jul 06, 2011
- BlackBerry stock slips on India report - Feb 01, 2011
- BlackBerry now set offer 'super phone' - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,