RIM unveils thinnest BlackBerry Bold models (Lead)May 3rd, 2011 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
Toronto, May 2 (IANS) Research In Motion (RIM) Monday unveiled two new BlackBerry Bold smartphones at its annual BlackBerry World conference. The Canadian company also unveiled its new BlackBerry 7 operating system which will power all its future devices.
The new devices - BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 - are the thinnest and most powerful BlackBerry smartphones to this date.
The two feature the BlackBerry keyboard as well as a touch screen and the New BlackBerry 7 operating system.
Powered by a 1.2 GHz processor, the new smartphones also feature a sleek design that integrates the BlackBerry keyboard with a high resolution seven-centimetre touch screen.
These exceptional smartphones are built on a new, performance-driven platform powered by the BlackBerry 7 operating system and designed to deliver the ultimate in communications, multimedia and productivity for users around the world, RIM said in a statement.
“The new BlackBerry Bold smartphones and BlackBerry 7 operating system are inspired by millions of customers around the world who want the ultimate combination of performance, functionality and style,” RIM president and co-CEO Mike Lazaridis said.
“These fully-loaded and beautifully-crafted smartphones offer a highly refined user experience with blazingly fast performance, a brilliant touch screen and an outstanding typing experience,” he said.
The new smartphones come with a near-communication chip allowing them to be used as mobile wallets.
RIM stock had tanked more than 14 percent Friday after it slashed its quarterly outlook on lower sales of high-end handsets.
But the unveiling of its thinnest smartphones also failed to lift RIM stock on the Toronto Stock Exchange early Monday.
(Gurmukh Singh can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RIM unveils thinnest BlackBerry Bold smartphones - May 03, 2011
- RIM unveils five new BlackBerries - Aug 03, 2011
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 launched in India - Aug 11, 2011
- BlackBerry likely to unveil new smart phones next week - Apr 28, 2011
- Don't write us off, warns BlackBerry chief - Apr 16, 2011
- Will Microsoft buy BlackBerry to take on Apple? - May 06, 2011
- RIM launches new BlackBerry smartphone in India - Oct 14, 2010
- BlackBerry bosses mum on new launches - Jul 14, 2010
- BlackBerry stock sinks as new device is no iPhone 4 'killer' - Aug 04, 2010
- Seven new BlackBerries to be unveiled soon - Jul 13, 2011
- Probe into whether BlackBerry misguided shareholders - May 25, 2011
- BlackBerry downgraded as stock tanks 14.4 percent - Apr 30, 2011
- Apple pushes BlackBerry to third spot in smartphone market - Jul 06, 2011
- BlackBerry stock slips on India report - Feb 01, 2011
- BlackBerry now set offer 'super phone' - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: blackberry, centimetre, communication chip, early monday, gurmukh, handsets, high resolution, keyboard, mike lazaridis, new smartphones, operating system, productivity, research in motion, rim, sleek design, toronto stock exchange, touch screen, unveiling, user experience, wallets