RIM launches new BlackBerry smartphone in IndiaOctober 14th, 2010 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 14 (IANS) Research In Motion (RIM) Thursday launched BlackBerry Torch 9800, the first BlackBerry smartphone with the new BlackBerry 6 operating system.
The 3G-ready device priced at Rs.35,000 will be available across all Indian telecom operators offering BlackBerry services.
Equipped with a broad range of advanced communications and multi-media features, BlackBerry Torch is ideal for socially connected consumers and those who do business on the move.
“With its new high-performance browser, powerful touch screen interface and easy-to-use BlackBerry keyboard, the highly anticipated BlackBerry Torch offers an exceptional mobile experience for both consumers and business users in India,” said Frenny Bawa, managing director (India), RIM.
It offers support for high-speed 3G networks around the world, includes the latest generation in Wi-Fi connectivity and features built-in GPS for location-based applications and geo-tagging.
BlackBerry 6 integrates a new and rich WebKit-based browser on BlackBerry Torch that renders HTML web pages (as well as HTML email) quickly and beautifully for a great browsing experience.
RIM, a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionised the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry solution in 1999.
- BlackBerry stock sinks as new device is no iPhone 4 'killer' - Aug 04, 2010
- RIM launches its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet in India - Jun 22, 2011
- RIM, Ingram Micro tie-up to expand BlackBerry in India - Jun 16, 2011
- BlackBerry unveils new Bold and Pearl smartphones - Apr 27, 2010
- RIM launches Curve 9360 in India - Sep 27, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- Don't write us off, warns BlackBerry chief - Apr 16, 2011
- BlackBerry Torch smartphone to take on Apple's iPhone - Aug 04, 2010
- RIM's India managing director quits - Nov 04, 2011
- Sunil Dutt appointed RIM managing director for India - Dec 06, 2011
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 launched in India - Aug 11, 2011
- BlackBerry to offer better browser - Aug 30, 2009
- BlackBerry set to unveil tablet computer Monday - Sep 22, 2010
- BlackBerry's iPad to use US Army's Crusher-vehicle tech - Aug 20, 2010
- BlackBerry now set offer 'super phone' - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: advanced communications, blackberry, business users, connectivity, global leader, high performance, indian telecom, keyboard, managing director, mobile experience, mobile industry, multi media, mumbai, operating system, research in motion, rim, smartphone, telecom operators, torch, touch screen interface