RIL finalising plans for pan-India BWA servicesJune 7th, 2012 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 7 (IANS) Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) Thursday said it is finalising plans to roll out broadband services across the country in key domains like financial services, education and entertainment.
“We are currently finalising our plans to offer services on a nation-wide basis,” Chairman Mukesh Ambani said at the 38th annual general meeting of the company.
“We plan to provide an ever growing range of digital services in key domains of national interest such as education, healthcare, security, financial services, government-citizen interfaces and entertainment,” he added without specifying exact date of the launch.
Ambani said the digital initiative will be an additional and significant value creator for Reliance and its shareholders.
“Reliance has a unique greenfield opportunity to create a state-of-the art digital services platform, without being constrained by any legacy issues. Our vision is to help develop the hard, soft and social infrastructure needed to create an integrated digital services business model,” Ambani said.
Infotel Broadband, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries, had won pan-India broadban wireless access (BWA) spectrum in 2010.
- Infotel Broadband acquires stake in e-learning firm - Nov 08, 2011
- Reliance Industries to invest in Network 18, TV18 - Jan 03, 2012
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- Bharti Airtel to launch 4G services in Kolkata - Apr 03, 2012
- India's broadband airwaves auction to fetch $8.6 billion (Roundup) - Jun 11, 2010
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Sibal to launch Bharti Airtel's 4G services Tuesday - Apr 09, 2012
- R-Com confirms broadband talks with Reliance Industries - Nov 14, 2011
- Broadband auction winners to pay up license fee by June 22 - Jun 12, 2010
- Reliance Industries to be debt free by year-end: Mukesh Ambani - Jun 03, 2011
- Reliance Industries to buy Infotel, offer broadband services - Jun 11, 2010
- India reaps billions from BWA auction, biggies stay away (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- 4G, 3G to grow parallelly in India: Ericsson - Sep 01, 2011
- Qualcomm to get BWA spectrum shortly: DoT - Apr 19, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 15.8 percent - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: annual general meeting, broadban, broadband services, business model, bwa, digital initiative, financial services education, greenfield, healthcare security, integrated digital, launch, legacy issues, mukesh ambani, national interest, reliance industries, reliance industries ltd, reliance industries ltd ril, services business, social infrastructure, wireless access