Rich French feud over 75% TaxSeptember 12th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Paris, Sept 12 (THAINDIAN News) A disagreement broke out between Bernard Arnault the executive officer of fashion giant and Edouard de Rothschild. The reason for the feud is because the former wants to acquire the citizenship of Belgium as the rates that are placed on the taxes are much lower as compared to the tax rates in France.
An article headlined about Arnault’s attempts to get to Belgium citing ‘get lost rich idiot’ and this was on Monday in one of the dailies. His wealth is estimated to be about £25.5 billion and this move is aimed at evading the high tax rates that have been imposed for those earning a lot.
This debate continued to fill the air as was seen on Tuesday’s newspapers, which criticized his move to become a citizen of Belgium. These criticisms went on and continued to show the similarities that existed between this billionaire and the affluent community especially the nobles.
Rothschild who owns a larger portion of the shares in liberation backs the news headlines and he was specifically colluding to the cartoon mockery of Arnault jetting his way out of France with his baggage. This was his way of evading the high tax rates put for the highest earners in France.
- Mexico's Carlos Slim tops Forbes' richest list - Mar 08, 2012
- Marc Jacobs heading for Dior? - Aug 14, 2011
- New York to raise taxes on the wealthy - Dec 07, 2011
- Blair branded "horribly incestuous" for his links with French billionaire - Jan 10, 2010
- Italian MPs are top earners in Europe - Jan 04, 2012
- Raj Thackeray comes out in support of cartoonist Trivedi - Sep 11, 2012
- Johnny Depp likes tax dodging - Dec 09, 2011
- Controversial cartoons: From arrests to murder attempts - May 11, 2012
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei released on bail - Jun 22, 2011
- Pakistan vows to net 700,000 tax evaders - Dec 14, 2011
- Pranab seeks France's help in tracing black money - Oct 14, 2011
- Domenech heads Kenya's list for foreign football coach - Aug 17, 2012
- Madonna dedicates song to Elton John - Aug 24, 2012
- Bernard Matthews' will creates a buzz - Sep 06, 2012
- Now a movie on Swift, West feud - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: affluent community, belgium, bernard arnault, billionaire, cartoon, citizen, citizenship, dailies, disagreement, earners, edouard de rothschild, executive officer, fashion, giant, liberation, mockery, news headlines, newspapers, paris, tax rates