Reward up to Rs.1 lakh for information of Assam culprits (Lead)August 18th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Saturday announced a reward of up to Rs.1 lakh to anyone providing information on the culprits behind the communal violence in Assam.
“Credible and relevant information, photo, audio or video clip etc. leading to identification or arrest of perpetrators of the crimes in Assam will be rewarded,” said an official.
“Those having any information can contact the CBI on phone numbers 8811099997 or 8811099996 or send an SMS on these numbers… Information can also be faxed on 03664-241253 or e-mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org,” said a CBI statement.
“The identity of the informant would be kept secret.”
The investigative agency is probing the clashes between Bodo tribals and Bengali-speaking Muslims in Assam.
The CBI has registered seven cases relating to the communal violence in Assam in the districts of Kokrajhar, Dubri and Chirang.
- Fresh violence rocks Chirang, five killed - Aug 25, 2012
- One injured, two missing in fresh attack in Assam - Aug 22, 2012
- Assam violence: Army stages flag march, Chirang district tense (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Uneasy calm in Assam, violence toll 40 - Jul 26, 2012
- Assam violence: Tension continues, army stages flag march - Jul 25, 2012
- Tension in Assam, PM may visit Saturday, toll 41 (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Assam toll rises to 14, army called in (Third Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Assam toll rises to 12, army called in (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Assam legislator held for role in ethnic violence (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Kokrajhar tense: Curfew, call for indefinite bandh - Aug 24, 2012
- No fresh violence in Assam's Bodo areas, toll 45 - Jul 27, 2012
- Prime minister should answer on Assam violence: BJP - Jul 25, 2012
- Fresh violence rocks Assam's Kokrajhar, Dhubri - Aug 26, 2012
- PM likely to visit violence-hit Assam districts - Jul 26, 2012
- Fresh violence in Kokrajhar, three killed - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: assam, bengali, bodo, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clashes, communal violence, crimes, culprits, dubri, informant, investigative agency, lakh, muslims, New Delhi, perpetrators, phone numbers, rs 1, tribals, video clip