Reva to launch new electric car, set up plantFebruary 5th, 2009 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 5 (IANS) Electric car maker Reva Electric Car Co. Thursday announced that it will launch a new model powered by advanced battery technology this year and also set up its second manufacturing plant in the country.”We will launch our lithium-ion based battery-powered car in May this year. This will have 120 km range, ideal for city driving conditions. The new battery will allow consumers to recharge within an hour,” Reva deputy chairman and chief technical officer Chetan Kumaar Maini said.
“We will add another factory to the existing one in Bangalore with installed capacity of 30,000 vehicles,” he said.
The company plans to sell 1,000 electrical vehicles this fiscal.
“We have already sold more than 500 vehicles and will touch 1,000 this fiscal. The plan is to sell 4,000 vehicles next year, about half of which will be exported,” said Maini.
Reva also plans to strengthen its distribution network. The company has exclusive showrooms in Delhi and Bangalore and sales outlets in cities like Pune and Hyderabad.
“We have tied up with Reliance Digital to sell through their network and plan to enter another 15 major cities by the year-end. Abroad, we will be going to 10 new markets in countries like France and Chile,” he added.
Reva is also planning to bring out solar powered electrical vehicles. “We already have such vehicles, the roofs have solar panels on them. We continue to work on innovative technology to bring out wider range of models for varied consumer segments,” said Maini.
- Electric vehicles not cool enough for GenY (With Images) - Feb 08, 2009
- Reva to roll out two new electric cars soon - Sep 30, 2009
- A battery-powered car that can speed up to 155mph, travel 186 miles! - Mar 25, 2011
- Chinese automaker to develop electric car with US partner - Apr 26, 2012
- GM expects more sales with Beat's diesel version - Jun 23, 2011
- Mahindra forays into electric cars with majority stake in Reva (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- Battery research will give electric cars the same range as petrol ones - Apr 07, 2011
- Now, a futuristic fuel efficient lightweight car - Sep 13, 2011
- New software makes future electric cars closer to reality - Mar 15, 2011
- Cellphone batteries to recharge in 15 minutes - Nov 18, 2011
- Mahindra may delay XUV500 export to meet local demand - Oct 08, 2011
- A wind-powered car that covered 5,000 km in barely $16 - Feb 14, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra acquires electric car maker REVA - May 26, 2010
- New method may help solve lithium battery safety problems - May 17, 2010
- Electric car REVAi to be marketed in Pune - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: advanced battery technology, battery powered car, car maker, chief technical officer, consumer segments, deputy chairman, distribution network, driving conditions, electrical vehicles, innovative technology, lithium ion, maini, manufacturing plant, new model, pune, reva electric car, reva electric car co, sales outlets, showrooms, solar panels