Retail chain to sell Brand HimachalSeptember 16th, 2011 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) Retail chain Future Group Friday announced its intention to sell Himachal Pradesh’s famed apples and other agriculture produce in its retail outlets across the country.
A memorandum of understanding in this regard was signed between Future Ideas Company Ltd and state-run Himachal Pradesh Horticultural Produce Marketing and Processing Corporation Ltd (HPMC) in New Delhi.
Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said the Future Group would market agricultural and horticultural produce of the state. It would showcase nationwide products of Himachal in Big Bazaar stores in 73 cities and towns and 65 rural locations.
“This would help state farmers competing in a market dominated by China,” he said.
He said the state was promoting organic farming. “At present, 25,000 farmers have been registered for organic farming. As many as 12,500 hectares have been brought under organic farming of cereals, pulses, vegetables, spices and tea.”
The chief minister said apples, potatoes, garlic, ginger, vegetables and flowers being cultivated in the state would be promoted under “Brand Himachal” by the retail chain outlet.
Sirmaur is the leading garlic-producing district, while Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts are known across the world for potatoes and apples, respectively.
- Retail chain offers to sell Himachal apples - Aug 19, 2011
- Himachal farmers going organic - 25,000 of them - Jan 18, 2012
- Himachal's fruit processing plant to be modernised - Jun 24, 2011
- Parle to buy apple concentrate from Himachal - Dec 17, 2010
- Delhi's fruit, vegetable wholesalers on strike - Aug 05, 2010
- Dhumal opens cold store, apple packing units - Jul 30, 2012
- Himachal aims for 7.41 lakh tonne foodgrains - Jan 11, 2012
- Trials on Himachal crops successful, says institute - Jan 29, 2012
- Himachal launches crop insurance scheme - Jul 13, 2011
- Himachal to market rotten-apple manure - Oct 07, 2010
- Two cold storages to be set up in Himachal - Mar 25, 2011
- Himachal now insures wheat, barley crops - Nov 14, 2010
- Bihar's potatoes to be exported to Russia - Aug 31, 2012
- Organic potatoes, with love, for Bihar legislators - Mar 28, 2012
- Future Group to exit non-core business - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: apples, big bazaar, cereals, chief minister, cities and towns, company ltd, corporation ltd, future group, hectares, himachal pradesh, hpmc, kinnaur, memorandum of understanding, New Delhi, organic farming, produce marketing, retail chain, retail outlets, spiti, state farmers