Retail chain offers to sell Himachal applesAugust 19th, 2011 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 19 (IANS) Retail chain Future Group is aiming to offer Himachal Pradesh’s delicious apples from Kinnaur district in its retail outlets across the country.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal told reporters here Friday that the group has sought a tie-up with the state government for marketing the apples and vegetables through 250 Big Bazaar outlets across the country.
The group has offered to provide a special space for marketing of agricultural and horticultural products in Big Bazaar outlets.
“Initially they have plans to procure 1,500 tonnes apple, 5,000 tonnes garlic and 15,000 tonnes potatoes. This would address marketing problems of the farmers,” Dhumal said.
The government suggested that floriculture products should also be marketed as the flowers cultivated in the state are much in demand across the country.
Sirmaur is the leading garlic-producing district, while Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts are known across the world for producing potatoes and apples, respectively.
- Retail chain to sell Brand Himachal - Sep 16, 2011
- Adani procures apples from Himachal growers - Aug 14, 2011
- Himachal apples arrive in markets - Jun 28, 2010
- An apple a day to hit your monthly budget - Jul 24, 2011
- Himachal apple yield looks ruddy again - Jan 25, 2012
- Low yield in Asia's peach bowl fetches high price - Jul 10, 2011
- Himachal's apples - 70 percent less yield - Nov 01, 2011
- Parle to buy apple concentrate from Himachal - Dec 17, 2010
- Apple season almost over in Himachal - Nov 03, 2010
- Himachal Pradesh despatches 74 lakh boxes of apples - Sep 23, 2009
- Future Group to exit non-core business - Sep 16, 2011
- Dry spell may upset Himachal's applecart - Jul 25, 2012
- Chinese, American hops dash Himachal hopes - Nov 18, 2010
- Poor yield makes Himachal apple business fruitful - Sep 09, 2011
- Early Himachal apple varieties fetch high prices - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: apple, big bazaar, chief minister, delicious apples, farmers, flowers, future group, garlic, horticultural products, kinnaur, potatoes, retail chain, retail outlets, spiti, state government, vegetables