Restore terminated Maruti workers: Trade unionsAugust 17th, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 17 (IANS) Various trade unions Friday demonstrated in support of Maruti Suzuki workers demanding cancellation of termination orders of over 500 employees. They also demanded a judicial probe into the July 18 violence at the carmaker’s Manesar plant.
Trade unions of different political hues including Centre of Trade Unions, All India Trade Union Congress, Indian National Trade Union Congress, All India All India United Trade Union Centre and Hind Mazdoor Sabha held a march here Friday
The July 18 violence at Maruti’s Manesar plant claimed the life of a senior executive and left nearly 100 injured. Trade union leaders said the management’s policies were behind the incident.
Of the total 3,300 workers, only 300 were reinstated and asked to report for work on Aug 21.
Union leaders and workers from Maruti’s Gurgaon plant, Honda, Hero Gurgaon, Hero Dharuhera, Maruti Suzuki powertrain, Suzuki motorcycles, Eastern Medicate, Sona steering, all three units of RICCO, Satyam Auto and Aircon Carrier, Haryana roadways workers and Mid-day meal department gathered near bus stand here.
Trade union leaders warned the state government not to involve itself in anti-workers’ campaign.
They handed over a memorandum to district magistrate P.C. Meena seeking a judicial inquiry led by a sitting or retired judge of the Punjab and Haryana high court into the July 18 incidents.
- Sacked Maruti workers mull strategy with trade unions - Aug 31, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti management to blame for crisis: AITUC - Jul 27, 2012
- Maruti restarts Manesar plant with 400 workers (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Maruti worker sent to police custody for 5 days - Aug 16, 2012
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Mahapanchayat demands CBI probe into Maruti violence - Jul 23, 2012
- Maruti's Manesar plant incident was a criminal act: Suzuki - Aug 23, 2012
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- Maruti strike spreads to other automobile plants (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Cleaning exercise begins at Maruti factory - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: carmaker, district magistrate, hues, india trade, judicial inquiry, judicial probe, manesar, maruti suzuki, medicate, mid day, national trade union congress, powertrain, punjab and haryana high court, roadways, sabha, satyam, suzuki motorcycles, trade union congress, trade union leaders, trade unions