Reserve Bank to release new Rs.100 notesOctober 15th, 2008 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) The central Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon issue a new Rs.100 note with the inclusion of the letter ‘A’ in the number panels.In a statement, the central bank said that the new Rs.100 notes would have an inset of letter ‘A’ in the two number panels, and will be signed by RBI Governor Y.V. Reddy.
“Except for the change in the inset letter, the design of these notes to be issued now is similar in all respects to the banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi Series 2005, with additional new security features issued on August 24, 2005,” a RBI statement said.
“All banknotes in the denomination of Rs.100 issued by the Reserve Bank in the past will continue to be legal tender,” it added.
- New Rs.10 and Rs.50 banknotes soon with rupee symbol - Jul 19, 2012
- Now Rs.1,000 notes with rupee symbol - Aug 28, 2012
- Myanmar to introduce new 10,000 kyat banknotes - Jun 08, 2012
- RBI moves against fake currency deposit - Feb 15, 2012
- 'Chavanni' no more after June 30 - Jun 29, 2011
- RBI to issue new coins - Jul 22, 2011
- RBI to issue special coins on century of civil aviation - Dec 27, 2011
- No more 25 paise coins from June 30 - May 18, 2011
- 25 paise, or 'chavanni', is dead (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- RBI to probe illegal coins circulated in Mumbai markets - Jan 24, 2012
- Belarus unveils 200,000-ruble banknote - Mar 13, 2012
- Pakistan to demonetize Rs.5 note by Dec 31 - Oct 29, 2011
- Micro finance institutions: RBI concerned on monitoring deficiences - Jul 05, 2012
- Bank of Canada offers apology for 'Asian woman' banknote row - Aug 21, 2012
- RBI to float global tender on polymer bank notes - Aug 24, 2012