Republican senator calls Obama’s budget ‘unconscionable’March 23rd, 2009 - 2:58 am ICT by IANS
Washington, March 23 (DPA) Influential US Republican Party Senator Judd Gregg Sunday harshly criticised the budget proposed by President Barack Obama’s administration, saying that it would bring the country into bankruptcy in a decade.
Speaking to CNN, the one-time Obama cabinet nominee said the size of the budget deficits involved in the Obama administration plan over time was “almost unconscionable.”
Considered a financial expert, Gregg compared the US president to a pilot ignoring that his aircraft has 15-minutes of fuel left and planning to fly for another two hours.
“The plane crashes and our country will crash and we’ll pass on to our kids a country that’s not affordable,” he said.
- Obama draws battle lines with $4 trillion deficit reduction plan (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- US senators seek tighter sanctions against Myanmar ahead of elections - Mar 31, 2010
- Obama's budget goes to the Congress - Feb 14, 2012
- Obama touts possible bipartisan pact on debt limit - Jul 20, 2011
- Obama offers $447 billion jobs plan to jolt economy - Sep 09, 2011
- Former US Republican candidate Santorum endorses Romney - May 08, 2012
- India, China giving US stiff competition on jobs: Obama - Jul 01, 2011
- Congress leaders scramble to sell debt deal (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Obama names House Republican to top Army post - Jun 03, 2009
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Election year politics holds up Obama's envoy to India - Mar 30, 2012
- Our politics is broken: Obama - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: 15 minutes, administration plan, bankruptcy, barack obama, budget deficits, cnn, decade, dpa, financial expert, fly, judd gregg, pilot, plane crashes, republican party, republican senator, senator judd gregg, us republican