Renovated facilities at Siri Fort Auditorium world class: AmbikaSeptember 30th, 2010 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni Thursday visited the Siri Fort auditorium to review the renovated facilities of the complex and termed those as “world class”.
The renovation has provided an appropriate platform to stage a wide range of cultural events, including film screenings and contemporary musical concerts.
Soni said the renovation was carried out to provide appropriate infrastructure that will enable people to appreciate the events and screening of films in an aesthetic environment.
“There has been a complete overhaul of the main foyer comprising renovation of floor and the ceilings, placement of LED lamps, and LCD screens,” she added.
The VIP lounge has also undergone a complete facelift.
Siri Fort under the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, is one of the biggest auditoriums in the country. Built in 1982 for the Asian Games, it was subsequently transferred to DFF in 1986 for being used as an auditorium suitable for films screenings, contemporary musical concerts and other cultural events.
- Kamal Hassan films to be screened in Delhi - Jun 23, 2010
- I will direct more films: Kamal Haasan - Jul 02, 2010
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar, says Dimple (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar: Dimple Kapadia - Aug 18, 2012
- India, Poland discuss film pact - Nov 02, 2011
- Latino dance-music fiesta to enthrall Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
- Film fest on Bangladesh's liberation war - Mar 22, 2012
- Gharanas may not retain their identity: Pandit Rajan Mishra - Nov 25, 2011
- New Delhi To Hold A Three Day Film Festival On Kamal Hassan - Jun 24, 2010
- Mike Pandey urges centre, Goa to bury IFFI hatchet - Jul 19, 2011
- 'Bad boys' thrill Delhi - Mar 04, 2012
- Government to set up National Film Heritage Mission - Jul 02, 2011
- Kailash Kher sets Delhiites grooving at Rahman's concert - Aug 12, 2009
- Expert Committee calls for upgrading IFFI to International Standards - Aug 25, 2010
- Ang Lee's retrospective in Delhi from July 25 - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: aesthetic environment, ambika soni, asian games, auditoriums, ceilings, facelift, film festivals, film screenings, films, infrastructure, lamps, lcd screens, ministry of information, musical concerts, New Delhi, renovation, siri fort auditorium, union minister, vip lounge