Renault to launch four new models in India by 2012June 2nd, 2011 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 2 (IANS) French auto major Renault will launch one model later this year and three more models next year in India, a top executive of the company said Thursday.
“We will launch Koleos, an SUV variety, in India in October this year. And three more cars will be launched in 2012,” Renault India Private Limited vice president, sales and marketing, Len Curran told reporters after launching luxury sedan ‘Fluence’ here.
“We are looking at 2.5 percent market share in the country by 2013. India is one of the three key strategic countries for Renault. To need to be a serious player in the country, we have to catch 5 percent market share… it is our long-term plan,” he said.
He said the Indian car market was coming towards the premium European products.
The company was looking at the opportunity to launch light commercial vehicles (LCVs) in the country.
Renault and Nissan have an alliance greenfield manufacturing facility in Chennai.
“This is the first new greenfield manufacturing plant for Renault and Nissan alliance. The capacity of the plant is 400,000 cars per year. Total investment made is Rs.5,000 crore,” Curran said.
Stating that currently the company had 14 dealers across the country, he said the number of dealers will increased to 40 by the end of this year and 100 by the end of next year.
- Renault bets on diesel models to beat competition - Dec 18, 2011
- Renault unveils new variant of Fluence sedan - Apr 03, 2012
- Renault-Nissan alliance crosses 100,000-engine-mark - Aug 26, 2011
- Renault to roll out below Rs.4 lakh car - Feb 02, 2012
- Renault launches compact SUV Duster - Jul 05, 2012
- Renault raises compact car Pulse price - Feb 23, 2012
- Renault to launch two more models in India in 2012 - Jan 17, 2012
- Renault to launch five cars in India - Aug 26, 2010
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Renault-Nissan's Indian plant to cater to Danone's mega order - Jul 05, 2012
- Renault enters compact car segment with Pulse launch - Jan 06, 2012
- Renault launches SUV Koleos in India - Sep 08, 2011
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- Nissan to make diesel engines in India - Nov 17, 2011
- Hover plans to sell 100,000 Nissan cars - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: cars, chennai, crore, curran, greenfield, India, indian car market, len, light commercial vehicles, manufacturing plant, market share, models, nissan, renault, sales and marketing, top executive, vice president sales