Renault, Russian firm set up JVMay 3rd, 2012 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Renault-Nissan alliance and Russian Technologies state corporation will set up a joint venture company which will have a 74.5 percent stake in Russia’s largest car maker AvtoVAZ, Renault Russia said Thursday.
Renault bought a 25 percent plus one share in AvtoVAZ in 2008. The French car maker and Japan’s Nissan will increase their share in AvtoVAZ to a controlling stake under the deal.
“Renault-Nissan plans to invest about $750 million (in the project) and that will give (the alliance) a 67.13 percent stake in the joint venture by mid-2014. The joint venture will hold 74.5 percent of AvtoVAZ. The deal is scheduled to be closed in 2014,” Renault Russia said in a statement.
The companies plan to become full owners of AvtoVAZ by acquiring Troika Dialog investment firm’s stake for the joint venture by 2014.
Under the other terms of the deal, Russian Technologies will re-structure AvtoVAZ’s debt of $1.56 billion and repay $238 million of it soon.
- Russian auto-maker builds 27 millionth car - May 17, 2012
- Nissan to invest $1.4 bn in new plant in Brazil - Oct 07, 2011
- Renault-Nissan's Indian plant to cater to Danone's mega order - Jul 05, 2012
- Russia to sell armoured vehicles to Indonesia - Jan 31, 2012
- Renault, Nissan and Daimler to swap shares, launch cars - Apr 07, 2010
- Nissan, Daimler eye joint plant in Mexico - Nov 17, 2011
- Russian airline to buy four Airbus A380s - Oct 28, 2011
- Capello signs for Russia - Jul 26, 2012
- Russia tests Italian tank - May 12, 2012
- Madonna's album released in Russia three days early - Mar 23, 2012
- Volkswagen buys another 50.1 percent of Porsche for 4.46 bn euros - Jul 05, 2012
- Russian carmaker plans to cut 27,600 jobs - Sep 24, 2009
- Renault-Nissan, Daimler to announce alliance Wednesday - Apr 07, 2010
- Refurbished aircraft carrier for India begins sea trials - Jun 08, 2012
- Russia-India military drill to start Sunday - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: avtovaz, french car maker, investment firm, japan, joint venture company, moscow, nissan, percent stake, renault, renault nissan, ria novosti, russia, russian firm, russian technologies, troika dialog, vm