Renault raises compact car Pulse priceFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 23 (IANS) French automobile major Renault’s Indian subsidiary Thursday raised the price of its compact premium car Pulse by Rs.11,000 to offset rising input costs.
The vehicle was launched in January this year during the Auto Expo with an introductory price of Rs.5.77 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi).
“In the face of rising input cost we have now no option but to pass on a part of the cost to our customers. The Pulse still remains as one of the most competitive in its segment on all features, including the price,” said Marc NASSIF, managing director, Renault India.
The company said it had received good response for the car which is powered by 1.5 litre, dCi (diesel) engine.
Currently, the company offers three vehicles in India including premium sedan Fluence and premium sports utility vehicle (SUV) Koleos.
- Renault enters compact car segment with Pulse launch - Jan 06, 2012
- Renault launches SUV Koleos in India - Sep 08, 2011
- Renault to roll out below Rs.4 lakh car - Feb 02, 2012
- Renault unveils new variant of Fluence sedan - Apr 03, 2012
- Renault launches compact SUV Duster - Jul 05, 2012
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Renault bets on diesel models to beat competition - Dec 18, 2011
- Renault to increase prices of Koleos - Dec 14, 2011
- Renault to launch two more models in India in 2012 - Jan 17, 2012
- Renault to launch five cars in India - Aug 26, 2010
- Renault to launch four new models in India by 2012 - Jun 02, 2011
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Audi launches luxury sports utility vehicle - Jun 06, 2012
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Polo prices up by 2.9 percent from Jan 1 - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: auto expo, compact car, diesel engine, fluence, french automobile, India, indian subsidiary, input costs, introductory price, managing director, New Delhi, renault, segment, sports utility vehicle