Renault-Nissan’s Indian plant to cater to Danone’s mega orderJuly 5th, 2012 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 5 (IANS) The Indian plant of Franco-Japanese Renault-Nissan Alliance will also cater to the 15,000 vehicle ordered by French food company Danone for its operations spread across 25 nations, said a company official.
French auto giant Renault Thursday announced that Danone has selected the Renault-Nissan Alliance to supply 15,000 vehicles in an exclusive fleet contract.
The first-of-its-kind deal for the Renault-Nissan Alliance provides a full range of vehicles to Danone in 25 countries for at least five years.
According to Renault, the French food company fleet can select vehicles from four brands under the Renault-Nissan Alliance: Renault, Dacia, Nissan and Infiniti. Danone will have a single contract with the same services.
The product range stretches from passenger cars in the A to the E segment and commercial vehicles, including electric models. The highest volumes will be in Russia, Mexico and France.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance has an automobile plant at Oragadam near here rolling out Renault and Nissan branded vehicles.
“The Chennai plant will produce vehicles for Danone for the Indian use but also for other countries. The volumes cannot be communicated as it will depend on the country and vehicle orders given by Danone,” Rie Yamane, director (communications) of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, told IANS in an email.
The Danone order includes some Renault-Nissan Alliance vehicles for its Indian operations but the volume may not be high.
- Renault, Nissan and Daimler to swap shares, launch cars - Apr 07, 2010
- Nissan to invest $1.4 bn in new plant in Brazil - Oct 07, 2011
- Daimler to beef up its R&D; activities in India (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Renault-Nissan alliance crosses 100,000-engine-mark - Aug 26, 2011
- Top level changes at Nissan India, Renault Nissan - Mar 23, 2012
- Renault-Nissan, Daimler to announce alliance Wednesday - Apr 07, 2010
- Nissan to make diesel engines in India - Nov 17, 2011
- Nissan, Daimler eye joint plant in Mexico - Nov 17, 2011
- Renault-Nissan India appoints new chief executive - Apr 20, 2011
- Renault, Russian firm set up JV - May 03, 2012
- Nissan to export 20 percent of mini-vans made in India - Jul 31, 2011
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan JV to roll out LCVs in 2011 - Apr 29, 2010
- Renault Nissan Automotive to double capacity, hire 500 - Jan 26, 2012
- Renault to launch four new models in India by 2012 - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: automobile plant, commercial vehicles, company fleet, danone, electric models, email, fleet contract, food company, franco, french food, indian operations, least five years, nissan, oragadam, passenger cars, range stretches, renault, renault dacia, renault nissan, yamane