Renault enters compact car segment with Pulse launchJanuary 6th, 2012 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) French automaker Renault Friday entered India’s compact car segment with the launch of the Pulse priced between Rs.5.77 lakh and Rs.6.25 lakh.
The company also unveiled its crossover car Duster on the second day of the Auto Expo here.
“The Pulse is a product designed and developed by our India design studio at Mumbai, focussing on Indian customers’ aspirations, tastes and preferences,” Marc Nassif, managing director, Renault India said.
“We are optimistic about the performance of Renault’s first mass segment product.”
The car, available in two variants — RxL and RxZ, is powered by a locally manufactured Renault K9K diesel engine, coupled with a five-speed manual transmission.
The Renualt Pulse will be available with a 1.5 dCi engine and claims to deliver 23.08 km per litre.
The crossover Duster, which combines the features of a sedan and a sport utility vehicle (SUV), will be manufactured in India and will be available in petrol and diesel variants. The company said that it would launch the vehicle in the second half of 2012.
With the launch of Duster, the company has four products across a broad spectrum to ensure that it has a wide reach and caters to a wide range of customers, including its existing product line up — the luxury sedan Fluence and SUV Koleos.
Renault India also plans to launch a complete portfolio of five new products before the end of 2012.
- Renault launches compact SUV Duster - Jul 05, 2012
- Renault raises compact car Pulse price - Feb 23, 2012
- Renault to roll out below Rs.4 lakh car - Feb 02, 2012
- Renault unveils new variant of Fluence sedan - Apr 03, 2012
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Renault launches SUV Koleos in India - Sep 08, 2011
- Renault bets on diesel models to beat competition - Dec 18, 2011
- Renault to increase prices of Koleos - Dec 14, 2011
- Renault to launch two more models in India in 2012 - Jan 17, 2012
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Renault to launch four new models in India by 2012 - Jun 02, 2011
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Renault to launch five cars in India - Aug 26, 2010
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Tata Motor's launches Aria 4x2 - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: aspirations, auto expo, broad spectrum, car duster, car segment, compact car, crossover, diesel engine, fluence, focussing, french automaker, indian customers, lakh, launch, manual transmission, rs 6, rxl, rxz, sport utility vehicle, variants