Reliance to start gas production at Krishna Godavari in AprilMarch 24th, 2009 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) Reliance Industries will start gas production from its offshore Krishna Godavari (KG) fields in the first week of April, Petroleum Secretary R.S. Pandey said here Tuesday.
“I am told that Reliance will start production in early April, the first week of April,” Pandey told reporters.
Reliance’s KG-D6 field is set to double the country’s gas production, though it will start with a production of about 10 million metric standard cubic metre per day (mmscmd) before reaching 40 mmscmd. At its peak, it will produce 80 mmscmd of gas.
Pandey said the fertiliser ministry and Reliance had “almost finalised” the agreement for the sale and distribution of gas to fertiliser plants.
He added that Cairn India, another private player, will start producing oil from its Rajasthan fields within a month, which will be partly sent to refineries of Indian Oil Corp and Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Gas allocation not possible for power projects, says minister - Aug 13, 2012
- KG basin gas output 31 percent lower - Aug 02, 2011
- Government gives nod for Reliance Industries-BP deal - Jul 22, 2011
- Reliance Industries violated gas contract: Auditor - Sep 08, 2011
- Gas production from RIL's KG-D6 block declines - Aug 09, 2012
- Reliance Industries completes KG-D6 block's design capacity assessment - Dec 28, 2009
- RIL gas begins to flow from KG D-6 basin - Apr 02, 2009
- L&T; bags Rs.1,450 crore contract from Gujarat - May 18, 2011
- Reliance Industries to get gas after fertilizer, power plants - Jan 22, 2009
- Reliance starts gas production in Krishna Godavari basin - Apr 02, 2009
- Reddy to discuss Andhra Pradesh power supply with PM - Aug 05, 2012
- Andhra Pradesh to fight for share of gas, royalties - Aug 04, 2009
- Mukesh Ambani's RIL signs $20 billion deal with BP - Feb 21, 2011
- Timeline of Reliance Krishna-Godavari gas dispute - May 07, 2010
- Government gets $510,000 as profit share from crude production - Jul 27, 2009