Reliance Power synchronises unit at Butibori thermal plantJune 26th, 2012 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 26 (IANS) Reliance Power Tuesday said it has synchronised the first 300 MW unit at its Butibori thermal power project near Nagpur. Electricity generated from the project will be supplied to industrial and power distribution utilities in Maharashtra.
“Butibori demonstrates our expertise in building large-scale power projects. With Butibori, our operating capacities goes up to 1,540 MW,” J.P. Chalasani, chief executive, Reliance Power, said.
“The projects under construction are progressing satisfactorily and with our diversified portfolio of coal, gas, hydro, wind and solar projects, we are well on track to emerge as the largest integrated private sector power company in India,” he said.
According to the company, the second 300 MW unit of the plant will be commissioned within the calendar 2012 year end.
The 600 MW compact plant is coming up with an investment worth Rs.3,600 crore.
The plant boosts of features such as zero effluent discharge by using reverse osmosis process. The ash generated by the plant will be utilised by Reliance’s cement plant.
The company’s scrip at the Bombay Stock Exchange was up 2.06 percent around 2.30 p.m. at Rs.101.55.
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Reliance Power quarterly net profit rises 42 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Reliance Power starts production at Sasan mines - Sep 03, 2012
- Areva joins Reliance to set up solar power plant - Apr 13, 2012
- Reliance Power's Samalkot plant ready for commissioning - Feb 07, 2012
- Reliance Power's Tilaiya project gets approval for carbon credits - Oct 03, 2011
- Reliance Power leads hydel projects in Himachal Pradesh: Dhumal - Dec 22, 2011
- Reliance Power total income rises 124 percent in 2011-12 - May 27, 2011
- Reliance Power places $10-bn equipment order for 32,000 MW - Oct 28, 2010
- Reliance Power's Rosa plant starts generation - Dec 28, 2009
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011
- Reliance, Tata eyeing hydro projects in Himachal - Jan 25, 2011
- India's JSW Energy to set up power plant in South Africa - Feb 14, 2012
- Reliance Power to raise capacity to 5,000 MW in 24 months - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: ash, bombay stock exchange, cement plant, chalasani, coal gas, compact plant, distribution utilities, diversified portfolio, effluent discharge, electricity, investment worth, mw, power distribution, power projects, private sector, reliance power, scrip, solar projects, worth rs, year end