Reliance Power leads hydel projects in Himachal Pradesh: DhumalDecember 22nd, 2011 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Dharamsala, Dec 22 (IANS) Reliance Power has bagged five hydropower projects in Himachal Pradesh in the past three-and-half years, the most by any company, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said Thursday.
A total of 23 companies have been allotted hydro-projects of above 5 MW from March 2008 to November 2011, Dhumal said in a written reply in the state assembly here.
Industrialist Anil Ambani-led Reliance Power’s five projects are 300 MW Purthi, 94 MW Teling, 44 MW Shangling, all in Lahaul and Spiti district, and 130 MW Sumte Kothang and 104 MW Lara Sumta projects in Kinnaur district.
Other companies are ABG Shipyard Ltd (three projects), L&T; Power Development Ltd (two), Moser Baer Projects Private Ltd (two), BLA Industries Private Ltd (two) and Tata Power Company Ltd (one).
Dhumal, who also holds the power portfolio, said 248 hydro projects below 5 MW, with a combined generation capacity of 437.44 MW, have been allotted to private producers belonging to the hill state during this period.
Likewise, 18 projects below 5 MW have been allotted to private producers from outside the state. These projects will generate 70.6 MW of electricity.
Himachal Pradesh has abundant water resources with a power potential of about 23,000 MW. About 6,672 MW have been harnessed till now by the central and state governments, private players and joint venture companies.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- Reliance Power gets 5 hydel projects in Himachal - Mar 18, 2011
- Reliance, Tata eyeing hydro projects in Himachal - Jan 25, 2011
- Himachal to invite bids for 18 hydropower projects - Jul 19, 2010
- Himachal cancels allotment of 14 hydropower projects - Dec 18, 2009
- Hydropower firms owe Rs.264 crore to Himachal government - Aug 28, 2012
- Himachal legislator seeks probe into Jaypee's project - Mar 27, 2012
- Himachal taps 7,923 MW of hydropower - Mar 29, 2012
- Himachal to promote private investment in hydro power - Jan 17, 2011
- Over 38 percent of Himachal's hydropower potential tapped - Jul 23, 2012
- ABG Shipyard gets three hydel projects in Himachal - Jul 23, 2009
- CAG unravels Rs.14,000 crore cost overruns in hydro projects - Aug 31, 2012
- Himachal targets 9 percent growth (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Himachal hopes to clock 9 percent growth - Mar 08, 2011
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
- Hydro-power key to India's energy security: Study - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: abg shipyard ltd, abundant water resources, development ltd, generation capacity, hydel projects, hydro projects, hydropower projects, joint venture companies, lahaul and spiti district, moser baer, power portfolio, private ltd, private players, private producers, reliance power, spiti, state governments, sumte, t power, tata power