Reliance Petroleum posts Rs.84 crore net profitApril 23rd, 2009 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 23 (IANS) Reliance Petroleum Ltd (RPL), the refinery arm of the Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), Thursday reported a net profit of Rs.84 crore ($17 million) for the quarter ended March 31 on a turnover of Rs.3,678 crore.
Previous years’ figures were not available as the $6.7-billion RPL started crude processing operations Dec 25, 2008.
The company processed 3.6 million tonnes of crude till March 31, RPL said in a regulatory filing.
Talking about the success of the commercial operations, RPL chairman Mukesh Ambani said in the statement: “RPL refinery has achieved start-up and successful stabilisation of its operations within a short period of time.”
On March 2, the boards of the two companies approved the merger of RPL with RIL, creating one of the largest refining entities in the world with a combined crude oil processing capacity of 1.24 million barrels per day.
- Reliance Industries Q1 net profit declines 21 percent - Jul 20, 2012
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 15.8 percent - Oct 15, 2011
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 28 percent to Rs.5,136 crore - Jan 21, 2011
- Reliance Industries net up 6.1 percent (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- RIL to invest Rs.1 trillion in five years: Mukesh Ambani - Jun 07, 2012
- Reliance refinery gives up export unit status - Apr 18, 2009
- Essar Oil completes expansion of Vadinar refinery - Mar 29, 2012
- Reliance Industries net down 1 percent - Apr 23, 2009
- Reliance Industries agrees on merger with RPL, swap ratio at 1:16 - Mar 02, 2009
- Reliance Industries reports 1 percent drop in profits (Lead) - Apr 23, 2009
- Bathinda refinery to be inaugurated in April - Mar 29, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14.48 percent (Lead) - Jan 22, 2010
Tags: 6 million, commercial operations, crore, crude oil, dec 25, merger, mukesh ambani, net profit, period of time, previous years, processing capacity, quarter ended march, refinery, reliance industries, reliance industries ltd, reliance industries ltd ril, reliance petroleum ltd, short period, tonnes, turnover