Reliance Mobile launches map search platform (Business Capsule-2)September 10th, 2009 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) Reliance Mobile Thursday launched a search platform with maps data, BIGMaps, on its GSM network, enabling users to search for any local information on an all-India basis, a top official said here.
The company now plans to offer the service on the Internet soon, according to BIGMaps COO Manav Sethi. “BIGMaps has the best Maps data and geo-coded yellow pages information,” he added.
Juniper, Nokia to form joint venture
Bangalore: Juniper Networks and Nokia Siemens Networks have received regulatory approvals to form a joint venture for providing Carrier Ethernet to enterprises, including service providers.
The joint venture, incorporated in Amsterdam as Carrier Ethernet Solutions BV, will be owned 60 percent by Juniper and 40 percent by Nokia.
Wipro arm certified for data protection
Bangalore: Wipro’s IT managed service provider Infocrossing has been certified for maximum data protection by US-based Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), the IT bellwether said Thursday.
The PCI security standards council, established by top credit card companies such as Visa and MasterCard, was created to enhance payment card data security and minimise system intrusions that can lead to identity theft.
Alcatel-Lucent opens centre in Chennai
Bangalore: Alcatel-Lucent has set up an Internet Protocol (IP) transformation centre in Chennai to develop, integrate and test IP networking solutions for enabling its Indian and global customers migrate to the next generation platform, the telecom equipment major said Thursday.
The centre is networked with the company’s other centres in Belgium, Singapore and the US, besides its research and development labs worldwide, including India.
Ness unveils SEZ facility
Bangalore: Ness Technologies India has set up a special economic zone (SEZ) facility in this tech hub, the company said Thursday.
The 60,000 square feet NesS-E-Zone in the notified IT/ITeS SEZ at Vrindavan tech village on the city’s outskirts will serve the company’s global customers in the software product engineering space and other verticals, Ness said in a statement here.
- EU wants close ties with India's IT sector - Nov 22, 2011
- Arun Seth named chairman of Alcatel-Lucent in India - Jul 06, 2011
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Hewlett-Packard ties up with Alcatel-Lucent - Jun 18, 2009
- Wipro to offer software-as-service platform to independent vendors (Business Capsule) - Sep 05, 2009
- Percept Knorigin inks deal with Alcatel Lucent to provide digital content - Jun 01, 2011
- US chip maker to set up lab in Bhubaneswar (Business Capsule-Two) - Sep 18, 2009
- Unitech Wireless secures Rs.5,000 crore loan from SBI - Aug 18, 2009
- New 'lightRadio cube' could spell the end for ugly mobile phone masts - Feb 13, 2011
- Juniper unveils new products to lower data centre costs - May 18, 2010
- Bharti, Alcatel-Lucent in $500-mn outsourcing deal - Apr 30, 2009
- 'Telecom equipment industry grew 20 percent in 2008-09' - Jun 01, 2009
- Telenor given green signal to up stake in Unitech (Lead) - Oct 19, 2009
- Nokia to get new chief executive from Microsoft - Sep 10, 2010
- IT firm expands operations with $4-mn green data centre - Feb 26, 2009
Tags: alcatel lucent, development labs, generation platform, global customers, gsm network, india basis, infocrossing, internet protocol ip, juniper networks, maximum data protection, ness technologies, networking solutions, nokia siemens networks, platform business, reliance mobile, search platform, special economic zone, system intrusions, telecom equipment, wipro