Reliance launches online life insurance productJune 20th, 2012 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 20 (IANS) Reliance Life Insurance Company, part of the Anil Ambani-led Reliance Capital, Wednesday launched its first online life cover plan — “Reliance Life Insurance eTerm” — to meet the protection needs of every individual with higher insurance cover at affordable premiums.
Reliance Life Insurance eTerm Plan is a simple and cost-effective risk protection product and offers instant life insurance cover through a transparent and hassle-free online purchase, the company said in a statement.
This is the first online insurance offering from Reliance Life Insurance and the company plans to introduce more such products in times to come, the statement said.
“Our new offering simplifies the process of purchasing an insurance cover and empowers customers to take an informed decision. The launch of our eTerm Plan is in line with the company’s objective to continuously provide the customers with innovative products and value-added services in a cost-effective manner,” said Malay Ghosh, president and executive director of Reliance Life Insurance.
Reliance Life Insurance eTerm Plan offers Rs.1 crore of life cover from Rs.700 per month and is available directly to customers in the age group of 18-60 years pan-India with minimum annual premium of Rs.3,500.
The online term plan begins with a minimum cover of Rs.25 lakh with no upper limit and a policy term of 10-30 years. The plan provides relatively lower premium rates for women and special rates for non-tobacco users.
Reliance Life Insurance eTerm Plan has two options. In option I the death benefit is equal to the sum assured. Option II comes with an accidental death benefit rider where additional sum assured up to Rs.50 lakh is paid to the nominee in case of death due to an accident. The maximum maturity age is 70 years.
- Reliance Life Insurance launches highest NAV advantage ULIP - Oct 12, 2010
- Reliance Life Insurance launches Ulip plan - Nov 10, 2010
- Reliance Life enters health insurance biz - Oct 07, 2010
- Reliance Life Insurance to have accounting profit this fiscal - Feb 07, 2012
- Aegon Religare Life to expand online product offering - Oct 07, 2010
- Reliance Life Insurance in talk with banks for tie-up - Aug 19, 2012
- Reliance Life eyes full-year profits, Rs.8,500 crore in premia - Jul 20, 2011
- Bajaj Allianz to launch gender-based pricing of health policy - Aug 31, 2012
- Max New York Life launches two new ULIPs - Sep 09, 2010
- Insurance regulator tightens norms on equity-linked plans - May 04, 2010
- Chola MS General targets Rs.1,400 crore premium in 2011-12 - Jun 02, 2011
- RIL calls off acquisition of Bharti AXA - Nov 25, 2011
- IRDA move will kill variable insurance segment: Industry - Oct 23, 2010
- Bharti Axa Life to launch two new products - Mar 10, 2011
- Insurance firm asked to pay Rs.5 lakh for misleading consumer - Jun 30, 2011
Tags: accidental death benefit, age group, anil ambani, case of death, crore, executive director, hassle, innovative products, lakh, launch, life insurance company, life insurance product, maturity age, maximum maturity, premiums, reliance capital, risk protection, rs 50, tobacco users, value added services