Reliance Industries Q1 net profit declines 21 percentJuly 20th, 2012 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 20 (IANS) Reliance Industries (RIL) Friday posted a 21 percent decline in net profit at Rs.4,473 crore for the quarter ended June 30 against Rs.5,661 crore during the like period of the previous financial year due to falling gas output its KG-D6 gas field.
Total income stood at Rs.93,779 crore during the quarter under review as compared to Rs.82,096 crore during the year-ago period, the company said in a regulatory filing.
Turnover increased 8.1 percent to Rs.94,926 crore as compared to the fourth quarter (Q4) of FY12. Exports rose by 7.7 percent to Rs.55,261 crore as compared to Q4 FY12.
“RIL has improved its earnings profile as profits from operations were higher on a sequential basis on the back of volume growth in the refining business,” Mukesh D. Ambani, chairman and managing director, Reliance Industries said.
“We have commenced our next phase of capital investments in the refining and petrochemical segments to enhance earnings and value of our core energy businesses,” he added.
The company had cash balance worth Rs.70,732 crore ($12.7 billion) at the end of the June quarter, up from Rs.70,252 crore at the end of March.
The revenue from petrochemicals stood at Rs.21,839 crore, while the refining revenues stood at Rs.85,383 crore.
- RIL profit up 16.7 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 25, 2011
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 28 percent to Rs.5,136 crore - Jan 21, 2011
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 15.8 percent - Oct 15, 2011
- Reliance Industries net up 6.1 percent (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Idea Cellular quarterly net profit rises 32 percent - Jul 23, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14.48 percent (Lead) - Jan 22, 2010
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Reliance Industries net up 32 percent - Jul 27, 2010
- Kingfisher Airlines Q1 net loss at Rs.263.54 crore - Aug 10, 2011
- Jet Airway's posts Rs.123.2 crore net loss in Q1 - Jul 22, 2011
- Harrisons Malayalam Q1 profit Rs 3.47 crore - Jul 28, 2011
Tags: ambani, capital investments, cash balance, core energy, crore, energy businesses, fourth quarter, managing director, net profit, petrochemical, petrochemicals, q4, quarter ended june, reliance industries, ril, rs 21, segments, sequential basis, volume growth, worth rs