Reliance draws second tranche of loanMay 12th, 2011 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 12 (IANS) Leading mobile service provider Reliance Communications, part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG), Thursday said it had drawn the second tranche out of a $1.93 loan from China Development Bank.
“Reliance Communications has drawn second tranche of Rs.1,780 crore ($400 million) towards re-financing of 3G spectrum fees out of Rs.8,700 crore ($1.93 billion) facility signed with the Chinese Development Bank (CDB),” the company said in a regulatory statement.
The company drew the first tranche of Rs.3,000 crore ($665 million) on March 17.
Reliance Communications had last year paid Rs.8,585 crore towards spectrum fee for offering 3G services in 13 telecom circles in India.
“With this, Reliance Communications has already drawn Rs.4,780 crore ($1.06 billion) towards re-financing of 3G spectrum fees and the last tranche is expected to be drawn very shortly,” it added.
Of the total loan of $1.93 billion, Reliance Communications would use $1.33 billion towards re-financing the short term debt and the rest $600 million for equipment imports from Chinese vendors.
The re-financing will result in substantial savings in its interest cost apart from extending the company’s debt maturity profile, the company said.
- Reliance Communications gets RBI nod for refinancing FCCBs - Feb 16, 2012
- Reliance Communications revenue rises 4.4 percent in 2010-11 - May 30, 2011
- Reliance Communications raises $255 mn for part-finance of 3G loan - Jan 18, 2011
- Reliance Communications gets $665 mn from Chinese bank - Mar 17, 2011
- Reliance Communications Q3 net profit up 7.7 percent - Feb 14, 2011
- Reliance Communication to get $1.93 bn from China Bank - Dec 15, 2010
- Reliance Communications ties up refinancing for FCCB worth $1.18 bn - Jan 17, 2012
- Reliance Power ties up Chinese bank funds for Sasan project - Dec 15, 2010
- Reliance Communications inks $1.9 bn loan deal with Chinese bank - Mar 09, 2011
- Airtel pays Rs.1,177.5 crore licence, spectrum charges - Aug 24, 2011
- RComm sequential quarterly profit rises 60.5 percent - Nov 12, 2011
- RCom pays $1.91 billion towards 3G spectrum - May 31, 2010
- Government kitty swells $15 bn as telcos pay for 3G spectrum - May 31, 2010
- Budget: Telecom sector revenue at Rs.29,648.33 crore - Feb 28, 2011
- India reaps billions from BWA auction, biggies stay away (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: 3g services, anil dhirubhai ambani group, china development bank, debt maturity, India, march 17, maturity profile, mobile service provider, mumbai, reliance, rs 1, rs 8, spectrum, substantial savings, telecom circles, term debt, tranche