Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tabletMarch 12th, 2012 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 12 (IANS) Leading integrated telecom service provider Reliance Communications Monday unveiled the country’s first CDMA (code division multiple access) tablet based on Android platform, pre-loaded with applications to access Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, BigFlix for movies and Tango for video chat.
“Having redefined the tablet market in 2011 with the launch of 3G Tab, we are introducing the country’s first CDMA Tab. With presence across 1,000 towns, our latest offer is another step to carry forward our mission of Wirefree India,” Reliance Communications Ltd group head Sanjay Behl told reporters here.
Weighing about 400gm and loaded with 512MB RAM (random access memory) and a 4GB micro SD external storage, the product has a 2.0MP rear and front camera among other key features for catering to business users and youth.
“The device is priced at Rs.12,999 and is bundled with monthly and annual data plans. To enhance its value proposition, we are offering a one-year free subscription on McAfee mobile security, two months free subscription on BigFlix and Rs.250 worth of calling on our global call,” Behl said at preview of the product launch.
With a seven-inch form factor for internet, e-mail on-the-go, social networking, video streaming and gaming, the device has 15-most popular applications to provide information services such as browsing, navigation maps and search.
Supporting the launch, a 24X7 customer care will be made available to the customers for all technical assistance.
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Reliance Communications launches 3G tablet - Aug 09, 2011
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- BIGFlix inks deal with UTV for popular titles - Jan 30, 2012
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities - Dec 13, 2010
- Mahesh Bhatt taps digital medium boom for wider reach - Sep 06, 2012
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India - Jun 27, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- RComm, Coolpad launch Android CDMA phone in Kolkata - Sep 08, 2011
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Reliance launches 3G services in Punjab - Jan 13, 2011
- BlackBerry partners Sprint as tablet market soars - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: behl, business users, code division multiple access, communications ltd, e mail, external storage, free subscription, global call, group head, mobile security, navigation maps, product launch, random access memory, rs 250, sanjay, social networking, tablet market, telecom service provider, value proposition, wirefree